Maxuss patch

techfella

13 posts in this topic

Well I just installed the tiger-x86-flat.img and my Dell 3000 booted to OSX (10.4.1) I'm excited and frustrated at the same time. I'm new to this Mac stuff but if I had the dough I would buy one in a heartbeat. Anyway I have some common glicthes that I guess the Maxuss patch is suppose to fix, but I can't find it anywhere. I do see several new OSX torrents already patched, but man...I don't want to go through another 2-day download. Can someone point me to a source or alternative? My main two problems are Safari crashes and no sound. I have only booted this morning so I'm sure there others. :wub:

Umm... Why are you using 10.4.1? It's 3 years old, buggy, and misses out on an awful lot of developments that have happened in OSX86 in that time. The best thing to do is download one of the new, easy to install, user friendly 10.4.10 or 10.4.11 DVDs (or even 10.5!) It really isn't worth your time playing around with 10.4.1, I'm afraid.

OK I downloaded and burned the mac.nub OSx86 file (10.4.10) and booted from the DVD. It starts the installation but won't go passed the "select destination" screen. It shows no options and only the go back button is active. Any ideas?

Well you can use disk utility to repartition your hard disk. Of course you would loose your Windows in the process.

Or you could use Vista (XP does not have capability) to shrink your NTFS partition.

Or use a 3rd party tool like partition magic or parted.

Once you have room, make a new partition, type AF.

Only type AF partitions show in the screen you mention.

Well I succefully installed the OSX on my Dell Dimesion 3000 It a 2.8Ghz, 1 Gib with 120Gib drive for Winblows and 40Gib for OSx. This was fun and I really like the Mac experience. I wish I could do Leopard but my CPU only supports SSE2 and from what I read it won't work on my configeration. I have a few tweaks to do, still don't have sound, haven't checked much else yet. I sure the forums will help me work through it.

:censored2:

{censored} I spoke too soon. Apparently I screwed up and let it run the updates. When I rebooted it just start looping at the bootloader screen. I'm not even going to try and figure it out. I'm just going to reinstall the OS again. Soooo.....running the update is a bad thing? It would make sense seeing how this is a project and all. :(

{censored} I spoke too soon. Apparently I screwed up and let it run the updates. When I rebooted it just start looping at the bootloader screen. I'm not even going to try and figure it out. I'm just going to reinstall the OS again. Soooo.....running the update is a bad thing? It would make sense seeing how this is a project and all. :(

You can safely install almost all updates, except the OS ones.

Iphoto, Quicktime, security updates, and such are a definite go ahead.