Dual Screen problem

emway

5 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I've got Leopard running great! (Asus P5W Deluxe, E6600, Nvidia 7600GT, 3GB RAM, Sata disk)

Now I've got the following issue:

On my graphic card, Asus Nvidia 7600GT, I've got 2 DVI output.

One of this output is connected with DVI to a TFT monitor.

Recently I connected a second monitor, a 19" CRT monitor. Because this CRT monitor doesn't have a DVI connector I placed a DSUB VGA <-> DVI adapter on the graphic card and so I can connect the CRT screen.

When I boot my PC I can see the BIOS boot screen on both monitors.

When Leopard is loaded the CRT screen goes blank and isn't detected by Leopard.

Can this be due to the adapter?

And is there an option to force the second screen or use an Extension which supports this?

I hope somebody can help because I want to use the CRT screen for editting photo's.

Hi all!

I've got Leopard running great! (Asus P5W Deluxe, E6600, Nvidia 7600GT, 3GB RAM, Sata disk)

Now I've got the following issue:

On my graphic card, Asus Nvidia 7600GT, I've got 2 DVI output.

One of this output is connected with DVI to a TFT monitor.

Recently I connected a second monitor, a 19" CRT monitor. Because this CRT monitor doesn't have a DVI connector I placed a DSUB VGA <-> DVI adapter on the graphic card and so I can connect the CRT screen.

When I boot my PC I can see the BIOS boot screen on both monitors.

When Leopard is loaded the CRT screen goes blank and isn't detected by Leopard.

Can this be due to the adapter?

And is there an option to force the second screen or use an Extension which supports this?

I hope somebody can help because I want to use the CRT screen for editting photo's.

Hi,

You should update your NVInject to 0.1.4 by gotoh. He has recently improved dual screen support. In my case I had to hotplug the second monitor, but no longer ;)

Check http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

You should be able to do it. Good luck :hysterical:

Is it possible to get the upper menu bar on the second screen?

It's annoying that when the application is on the second screen en the menu bar on the left...

And can I use a dualscreen wallpaper? If yes, how is this done...

Is it possible to get the upper menu bar on the second screen?

It's annoying that when the application is on the second screen en the menu bar on the left...

And can I use a dualscreen wallpaper? If yes, how is this done...

Sure, just go to system preferences -> displays. You'll see you are able to rearrange the disposition of both displays but, at the same time, you're able to move a rather small white bar wherever you want. That's the menu!

Same goes with wallpapers. You can put a different wallpaper in each screen.