Help installation

Gravnes

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys I know that this question may seem irrelevant.

But, I have searched and found many things but I am very confused.

I want to install leopard on my dell XPS m1330.

I have the specs needed.

I have the Leopard image also.

I just need to know where to start.

I need a complete step by step procdure.

I have VISTA 32 installed atm...

I want to keep that and also have leopard... therefore a dual boot thing!!!

Please help me in this problem......... ASAP

Depending on which image you downloaded (retail, brazilmac, flat, toh) the process will be slightly different. For the most part, though, you'll want to:

• Create a partition into which you'll install Mac OS X (so that you can reformat that one partition as HFS+ instead of the whole drive)
  • Insert your install disk and boot off of it
  • Format the partition you created as HFS+
  • Make the newly formatted partition bootable if your install disk doesn't do it for you (for instance: this is necessary with ToH)
  • Install OS X
  • You may need to boot in safe mode (f8 to enter boot options, "-x -v") to get either the DVD or your installed Leopard to boot - at which point you can install drivers for anything that may be causing a conflict and reboot.

Of course that is waaay simplified. Look for a guides based around your own type of install disk.

1) That's a retail image. It's not patched at all for generic x86 PCs. You CAN patch it yourself, however. Take a look around the forums for a link to the BrazilMac patch, or find it from whatever source you used to get that .dmg.

2) You can not make an HFS/HFS+ partition in windows, so go ahead and make it FAT32 or even NTFS, you just want to make it separate from your windows system partition so that OSX will recognize it as a different partition.

3) That image would need to go onto a Dual Layer DVD. Lucky for you the BrazilMac patcher downscales to 4.2 GB during the patching process :blink:

The one thing that ToH doesn't do smoothly is making the partition bootable. After I found a tutorial for how to do that it went smooth and easy. I actually broke it a few times playing with things like MacFUSE and had to reinstall, no problems once I figured out the "make bootable" part.

Currently running my 680i SLi system under 10.5.1 using the newest ToH Kernel (9.1.0) with no major issues.

Dude... can any1 tell me wtf TERMINAL is....

Is it cmd in vista???/

I am running vista........

I have the retail copy of leopard and brazilmacs patch.....

now how do I patch it......

Google is {censored}.. I cudnt find anything......