Installed the brazil patch on asus p5w dh fine but reboot to black screen!

Aliberesco

9 posts in this topic

i used this guide:

http://lifehacker.com/software/hack-attack...-800-321913.php

the build consists of a 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, a total of 4GB of RAM (four sticks at 1GB each), an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard, a GeForce 7300GT (the same basic video card that comes installed in the default Mac Pro configuration), a 500GB hard drive, and the leopard dvd patched with brazilpatch, followed instructions very carefully but after the last step called postpatch, it reebots and takes me to a black screen with the mouse cursor and that's all, can you help me?

I burnt another leopard patched dvd but it's the same, i do everything as the guide but when leopard boots it shows the apple logo, the clock circle and then the blue screen, after that the video signal dissapears, there are two different things from the components:

my dvd drive is ide not sata and is recognized as primary slave

the video card is the 7300 gt but 512 not 256, is it important?

Please help...

Are you absolutely sure your Post Patch script was pointing to the correct places and that you didn't get any fatal errors while it was executing? Because if the script doesn't do what it was supposed to do, then it surely won't boot at all!

sounds like the hard drive your leopard is on . is not bootable

first make sure the leo patition is GUID formated. if it was GUID format.

seach piratebay for this file ( format & make bootable hd for leopard)

when you get it make a cd.

then boot from the cd and install in to your leo drive

it should work, you dont have to reinstall leo

as i have the same m-board as yours . regards

Hi,

i've downloaded the patch you mentioned about the bootable hd on leopard from pirate bay, installed it and everything was ok but nothing happens, it's the same thing, apple logo and black screen without video so the hd is not the problem, thank you anyway...

I've followed the instructions, i've already applied the make bootable hd on leopard dvd and nothing happens, the same black screen. If i write the -v after f8 i get this message:

ERROR: firewire unable to determine security- mode; defaulting to full secure