Fully Working Leopard 10.5.1 With Vanilla kernel and efi 5.1

bastard-op

3 posts in this topic

My Story about Succes and Problems with my Leopard installation:

Hope that you could help me to cancel the rest of my Problems :-)

I used the search function of this board but it bring me no sulotions for my problems :-(

First the way of succes:

I run Leopard 10.5.1 with vanilla kernel and efi 5.1 on my Asrock Conroe1333 eSata II Board

Sleep and Wake-Up works perfect, it's so fast as a orig. Apple Mac, he could sleep and eyetv wakes him up

for record a movie and go sleep again, everything without Problems, Time Machine works, too

The way I get it:

I create my own Leopard Install Disc with the brazil patch from my original Leopard DVD, install without problems,

boot again with the disc and run post-install patch and fixed the boot for my sata hd.

Download the efi patch from netkas, install efi in my hd and it works

After that, I remove all my patched kext files and replace them with the original from my Leopard DVD

and install the vanilla mach_kernel.

Before I reboot I did three things:

I repair everything with the disktutil,

remove / System/Library/Extensions.mkext and

remove /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/

and boot the vanilla kernel with parameter -v -f and make a reboot, after that I boot normal, but Sleep crash the System.

The next step, was to play with the bios versions from my board, it was 1.20 after upgrade,

Leopard wouldn't boot anymore, so I downgrade it to 1.00 the relase Bios, after that, Leopard boots fine and Sleep is working.

Next I made the upgrade to 10.5.1 and everything runs and boot without problems :-)

No my little 2. Problems, that I couldn't fix yet:

Sound is working only with the green Slot, all other incl. micro didn't work and System Profiler tells my, "No Soundcart" :-(

My two internal Sata HD are shown on my Desktop as External Devices and System Profiler tells me in the Serial-ATA Sektion

Generic AHCI (null)

I tried to insert bikedude's ich7 Patch for my ich7r southbridge, but this bring my Leopard into problems :-( (No root device found)

Anyway, the complete System works fast and fine and in the moment I could life with the 2 channel sound, but with fixing sound

and ich7r southbridge it makes me a perfect selmade Mac :-)

Could anybody help, to fix my two little Problems?

many thanx

Thanks for that post, I have the exact same motherboard except I'm not as expert as you are in terms of tweaking the install. When I get the time I'll definitely give it a try (Im stuck with Leo flat image right now), having real updates thanks to EFI is so worth it. As for your sound problem, the Conroe 1333 is based on the same intel chip than the Conroe 945, so unless I missed something, I've seen/read someone saying they made the realtek (R1000 I think it is) line in/ mic work unfortunately.

If you find something, let me know, I think a lot of people would just love it. Besides this mobo is so much cheaper than the Gigabytes...

Anyway, the complete System works fast and fine and in the moment I could life with the 2 channel sound, but with fixing sound

and ich7r southbridge it makes me a perfect selmade Mac :-)

Could anybody help, to fix my two little Problems?

many thanx

This is how I fixed ICH8r

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=511085

I bet with different device IDs you could fix ICH7r.

Look in Bikerdude's ICH7r patch for Tiger, find the info.plist, should tell you what to patch in to make Leopard work.