EFI and SuperDuper or CopyCatX

BJMoose

3 posts in this topic

I thought this was a Leopard thing, but now I think it's an EFI thing. When I first installed EFI, it was only on my Leopard disk. I still had 2 other disks that boot into Tiger. When I booted either of the Tiger disks and tried to make an image of the Leopard disk with either SuperDuper or CopyCatX, I get an error that won't let me proceed.

When I boot into Leopard and try to make an image of either of the Tiger disks (one SATA and the other a USB) I can create the images just fine. So I thought it was an incompatibility with Leopard and made my Leopard image with Ghost 12 in Windows (works fine BTW).

Tonight, I went ahead and applied EFI successfully to my Tiger installations and now I can't image them from Leopard with either CCX or SD. So my feeling is that it's now a problem with the boot sector under EFI. Anyone else notice this?

• 1 month later...

Could someone please confirm if they have been able to make and restore an EFI Vanilla leopard image (iAtkos in my case) using Norton Ghost 12.. BJMoose seems to suggest it does (not sure about restore here though).. I'd try only I've spent a week setting up the system.. hence why I'd like to image.. Many Thanks in advance

yes - same experiences here. tried all including norton 12. how did you do it with norton?

it doesn´t see my guid partitions - no matter what options I change.

could you post a small guide?

the only way to do it was using the disk utility to copy it and set myself the disc active and installed efi again.