Diacritic Characters / Accents and Dead Keys

Tuva

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I would like to know if there is any way to map "dead keys" through Input remapper. I have tried to map ALT+KP123 accented letter generation keys all over my keyboard but I have found that some letters are not generated correctly and or conflict with application shortcuts. What I would like to do is :

Fn [Menu] + ` [tilde] to activate the ` accent mark and then select the vowel that I would like to apply it too. I believe this is called a "dead key".

Example: Fn + ` RELEASE, PRESS "A" OUTPUT à

Fn + ` RELEASE, PRESS Shift+A OUTPUT À

I am using a Macbook Pro in Windows Vista.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Hello! I would like to know if there is any way to map "dead keys" through Input remapper. I have tried to map ALT+KP123 accented letter generation keys all over my keyboard but I have found that some letters are not generated correctly and or conflict with application shortcuts. What I would like to do is :

Fn [Menu] + ` [tilde] to activate the ` accent mark and then select the vowel that I would like to apply it too. I believe this is called a "dead key".

Example: Fn + ` RELEASE, PRESS "A" OUTPUT à

Fn + ` RELEASE, PRESS Shift+A OUTPUT À

I am using a Macbook Pro in Windows Vista.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

This cannot be done with Input Remapper unless you can remap to a key that generates the `. You would need to use such a keyboard layout or create your own with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.