Leopard installation TOH RC2

travelan

11 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've tried to install Leopard using the TOH RC2 iso burned to DVD. Everything seems to work seemlessly, but when I have to reboot the system after the installation, the bootloader fails, and tells me there's no OS installed (or something like that). I know for sure Leopard is installed at least semi-'succesfully', because there are a lot of files on the newly created partition.

So the problem is that the bootloader doesn't let me boot Leopard or any other OS.

Is this a common problem, because I can't find similar problems on this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Bas

Hey,

I've tried to install Leopard using the TOH RC2 iso burned to DVD. Everything seems to work seemlessly, but when I have to reboot the system after the installation, the bootloader fails, and tells me there's no OS installed (or something like that). I know for sure Leopard is installed at least semi-'succesfully', because there are a lot of files on the newly created partition.

So the problem is that the bootloader doesn't let me boot Leopard or any other OS.

Is this a common problem, because I can't find similar problems on this forum.

Thanks in advance,

Bas

Common problem, at least I had it, easily fixed.

Get efi bootloader. Google netkas.

This worked for me.

Oke, I think I got further. I was able to boot the right partition using the Boot disk. When I do'nt press any key when the timer is ticking, it just resume booting from the HD, and correctly accesses the right Leopard partition. Then, it crashes right after some information about the CPU and Darwin is printed. I think it has to do something with the CPU. I have a Intel Core 2 Duo Santa Rosa.

Any help?

Got the default bootloader working! (BOOTFIX)

I hope someone could give me some more information about fixing the following error.

According to the Apple site it has to be something with Bluetooth or something, but I don't have bluetooth!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5797764

This is the output I get when I boot with boot options -v

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xff3e00000

PAE enabled

64 bit mode enabled

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue Oct 9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; Tree:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page+bootstrap: 513280 free pages and 11008 wired pages

mig_table_max_displ = 79

Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate depencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

ACPI CA 20060421

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=1 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A7BED): Kernel trap at 0x001976bc, type 14=page falukt, registers:

CR0:

blahblahblah

Error code: 0x00000002

Debugger called: <painc>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

blahblahblah

Backtrace terminated-invalid frame pointer 0

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue Oct 9 21:35:55 PDT 2007; Tree:xnu-1228~1/RELEASE_I386