-Solution found- GMA 950 10.5.1 Unable to change display resolution

wlfdgcrkz

13 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot

This metod work with me perfect. Now i have all my monitor resolutions fine. Full QE & CI.

A big thanks again.

P.S. Sometimes i have a Small black square at the top of the screen when i get the info of any file & mouse problems when i have to write in a dialog box.

As I mentioned I installed via Brazilmac patcher (10.5). I had my resolutions and ci and qe. I then went to efi and ran an the 10.5.1 update. I booted into single res with ci and qe. I then tried various combination of extensions. I either had all resolutions for my 23" display and no ci or qe or a single resolution but with ci and qe.

I eventually tried Native 10.5.1 GMA950 kexts but used the framebuffer from the BrazilMac package. I have not clue where that extention came from. Perhaps a pre GM release? I do know that I tried Native 10.5.1 GMA950 kexts with the framebuffer from 10.5.0 and i did not get the same result.

Tech264, just unzip the files and put them into the Extensions folder (hard drive|system|library|extensions). You will probably need to set permissions by right clicking on each file (the ones in the Extensions folder), click GetInfo, click Sharing & Permisions at bottom of GetInfo window, click the gold lock and give yourself read|write permission for each file. You may even need to do this on the extensions folder.

Then open Disk Utility in the Utilities folder and repair disk permissions. Restart and that's it. Worked for me and I wasn't able to replace but 4 files. I got the message that one file was in use and couldn't be replaced. But I restarted and it worked anyway. Good luck.

Thanks to the person that supplied the files.

Thanks dude, I was able to get the resolutions back, unfortunately I can't use 1400x900 for some reason. It works but on the left side where you see the Apple Logo and the Finder menu it gets cut off. My monitor's highest resolution is 1400x900 Viewsonic 19" Widescreen. Weird stuff. I'm using 1280x960 for now but 1400x900 is the sharpest and brightest. I'm using the VGA aspect of the monitor since the DVI is hooked up to my G5.

• 1 month later...

Hi wlfdgcrkz,

Could you do me a favor? I installed Leopard 10.5.1(KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1.iso) on my PC laptop, my video card is Intel GMA950, I download the http://rapidshare.com/files/70720013/GMA950_10.5.1.zip, unzip them, copy them to /System/Library/Extensions/, and then I check the ownership and permission, it's all right. root:wheel 755, then I run disk repairpermission /. After that I reboot my computer, but it doesn't work, in System profiler, Graphics/Displays: it says,

Display:

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27ae

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I saw "BrazilMac>efi with tof kernel." in your post, but I didn't really understand what's that. Could you tell me that?

My core is Vanilla.

Happy New Year!

-Solution found- http://rapidshare.com/files/70720013/GMA950_10.5.1.zip

BrazilMac>efi with tof kernel.

GA-945GCM + Core 2 Duo

Resolutions, QE, CI available in 10.5.0

After upgrade QE and CI but no resolutions.

• 2 weeks later...
more or less,

Does this work for desktops as well? I thought this only worked on laptops.

The natit that I referenced is for laptops, which is how I am using it.

try:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=504270

And do please report your results, you may wish to read 'keplenks' posts firsts... and make sure you know how to rename and start in "safe" mode terminal. ie, booting with -s, etc., first. It's probably not a bad idea to post in that thread, either...