leopard booting problem

sysguru

11 posts in this topic

hi

installed successfully ...but i am not able boot

while start booting ... i got restart problem....... i tried with -x -v

but no use...

my sys config is

amd 3200+ / asus a8n vm chipset MB / 1 gb RAm / 120 gb IDE (mac os) / 120 sata (xp)

help me to boot

thanks

i didn't patch anything .... i can see drawin boot loader and first three lines.. of hfs ++ somthing after that its getting restarted .....

help me to fix this ..... any patch files r required for my pc....

help me.....

thanks

ok well if you didnt patch anything then it must of been a pre-patched dvd. the only problem that i can think of is your kernel, try changing your kernel, they can be download form the irc. (irc.osx86.ru) hope this helps

hi... now i can see mac drive files through mac drive 7.0 softwares .... how to patch for my restart problem... i need patch file ?????? and how to change kernel ....?????

help me ........ plz..........

thanks

I'm having the same problem. can install and boot using the ToH RC2 DVD but if I try to install 10.5.1 or apply the EFI V5.2 patch it will not reboot. tried restoring the ToH Darwin kernel trough the terminal in the DVD setup and it said it ran successfully but when I tried rebooting it did the same thing. With the disk out just goes to a blinking cursor, or with the disk in and I don't push anything (just let it time out) it'll start doing something and then the computer completely reboots.

I have something similar, i also posted in another topic when someone mentioned this. Installation goes fine, until reboot. during boot the computer resets right before the grey apple screen with the logo pops up. I can't -v, -x or -s, it all has the same effect. Does anyone have an idea what this is caused by? I've also tried booting the partition in VMware but got the same results.

installed on a pentium D 805 (2.66GHz), on an Asus P5vd2-MX mobo with 2 GB's of ram and an ATI EAX300 (which is probably not the best configuration for leopard..). Except for not being able to change resolutions everything worked fine with 10.4.8. I used the Kalyway 10.5 9a527

I use this image because the d/l of the GM release is gonna take a while. and I'd like to try fiddling around with PC_EFI a little in the meanwhile (:

i've looked around a couple of topics but there doesn't seem to be an answer yet