I have a couple questions (im new)

osx86addict

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys im new to all this mac stuff so i kinda have some questions, i hope im not overflooding u guys but here goes:

1) How does leopard know the difference between a pc and a intel-based mac?

2) how do i install leopard on my intel se33 pc? (I dont have original disk or anything so i just want to know where i can get an already patched disk)

3) what is kalaway?

4) how come when i tried doing a search on the pirate bay, i got a Leo_Patched_DVD.iso and when i burn it, it doesnt boot up so how do i get it to boot?

thanks for any answers in advance and i hope im not being rude or anything

Edit: i think i posted this in the wrong section! sorry!! really sorry!

Answers:

1) Leopard doesn't see a big difference between an Intel Mac and PC and that's how we're able to install it on a PC with some patching

2) There are no Leopard specific install guides on the wiki but you may be able to find a guide on InsanelyMac. The installation is pretty straightforward, just like installing Windows so I wouldn't even bother to follow a guide for that.

3) Kalyway is the name (or atleast internet alias) of someone who makes OS X DVDs. Kalyway has made 2 releases so far:

Kalyway 10.4.10 DVD and the Kalyway 9a527 Leopard DVD

4) We need more details to figure out the answer to this problem

P.S. This topic should be moved to the OSx86 Installation forum :blink:

Answers:

1) Leopard doesn't see a big difference between an Intel Mac and PC and that's how we're able to install it on a PC with some patching

Totally misleading. A clueless user like this one could believe from your answer that all he has to do is to insert a standard Leopard DVD in his beige hardware and start installation as if it were Windows or Linux.