DFI Expert with Tubgirl AMDVM 10.4.10?

knobi

4 posts in this topic

Dont know whether i would get a response but here goes.

I installed the Tubgirl 10.4.10 AMDVM (pretty sure-but need to check) on my rig

DFI Expert

Opty 170

2 GB

6800 GT

USB keyboard and mouse

Should I check the x11 install as well? Anyways, i formatted my Hard drive using disk utilities on the mac OSX DVD and i check on mac OS external journalled. Installation is fine. Takes a long time but works up to there. Also I am installing on a 160 GB IDE drive

Once install is complete i reboot and i get the error disk boot failure. I try to hit F8 to type in -v but it wouldnt let me. Sometimes it just hangs on bios screen.

I have been trying to install it on a IDE hard drive. Is that the cause and I should try SATA?

Am I doing something terribly wrong?

Thanks

Did you make sure to use the MBR option when partitioning?
I am not sure this MBR thing. Sorry for sounding so stupid. What i did was, i used a new WD 160 HD SATA. Boot up using the DVD Tubgirl's and then when into disk utility to format it using mac OS extended journal. I did not partion it and i left it as untitled.I proceeded to install including the x11 and not the nvidia n40 driver as i had 6800GT?Now, when it restarted (this took a long while) I thought it hung and i press reset. And now the comp reboots it hangs at the bios screen. Have I lost the drive???:):(:(hackintosh is not for n00bs like me :(Problem. I want to reformat the disk so that i can try it again. But now, i cant see/detect the disk in windows XP??/

• 2 months later...

just wanted to let ppl know that it works now. Just the damn MBR option that i didnt realise. It works great. No sleep ;)

I sold my rig already and now I am having problems with intel :(

Too many downloaded install disks that dont work :(