Restart message on Boot

dothedew772

7 posts in this topic

Try this,

hit F8 after bios sequence is completed. Now you should see darwin boot loader command prompt. just type: -s -v followed by the enter key. If you have done so far, you should be able to call a command: type "/sbin/mount -uw /" (without the quotes) and the root partition will be remounted as read/write. Go ahead and change directory: "cd /System/Library/Extensions/" press "enter". Go and do a "rm -R NVDA* ATI* GeForce*". Reboot and you should be prompted to enter registration information.

It gets rid of all the video kexts that could hang up your system at first. You of course have to go back and reinsert the kexts you need, but it will atleast boot.

If that doesn't work, it is always a good idea to select the bear minimum of option when installing.

Good Luck.

same here,

even worst. always get panic b4 can install anything. try to disable core-multi processing at bios and work with install. now i face this, and still not work with above trick.

toshiba u205-s5002

intel t2300

gma 950

• 2 weeks later...
same here,

even worst. always get panic b4 can install anything. try to disable core-multi processing at bios and work with install. now i face this, and still not work with above trick.

toshiba u205-s5002

intel t2300

gma 950

Hi!

haven't posted much around, but I can tell you that I have a toshiba u205-5002 and installation of uphuck v1.4i went smooth as silk. Now I even can use the 2 cores in my core duo (with jas 10.4.8 I was forced to use only 1 cpu).

there are a couple or three settings you should set in bios, and then installation can boot and the system will start normally too. If I'm not mistaken, the settings are:

- load default bios settings,

- set always low in core speed (no clock throttling)

- in the second page, set that you'll allow the OS set PCI devices (or something like that).

Strangely, though, I have found out that if the computer is rather "hot" 'cause you've been using it before with linux or xp, it won't boot. Let it rest for a whiile, and you're to go!

There are only three things that won't work:

- intel integrated 3945abg wireless (though work is going on)

- audio. AD1981HD seems a hard thing to configure. With JaS 10.4.8 I could get the audio out working and volume wheel too, but no mic in

- Don't know why, but sometimes it suddenly freezes and halts, so I have to reboot. In this sense, it's not the most reliable OSX I can get right now, but it mostly works.

Hope to have helped.

hit F8 after bios sequence is completed. Now you should see darwin boot loader command prompt. just type: -s -v followed by the enter key. If you have done so far, you should be able to call a command: type "/sbin/mount -uw /" (without the quotes) and the root partition will be remounted as read/write. Go ahead and change directory: "cd /System/Library/Extensions/" press "enter". Go and do a "rm -R NVDA* ATI* GeForce*". Reboot and you should be prompted to enter registration information.

man this worked for me with leopard toh rc2! thank you so much!

now i only have to wait for a nvs 140 kext and a ethernet kext.

i own a lenovo r61.