How to make an ISO of a retail copy of 10.5

gex

9 posts in this topic

I went and bought a copy of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) at my local Apple store and tried to make an ISO image of it from my PC using ImageBurn.

All seemed to go well but when I tried to make a backup copy with ImageBurn onto a DL DVD it fails (twice now) on the finalizing of DVD part.

I only have a DL burner on my PC's so it is my only option?

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated...perhaps some other burning software would work better?

• 1 year later...
I went and bought a copy of Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) at my local Apple store and tried to make an ISO image of it from my PC using ImageBurn.

All seemed to go well but when I tried to make a backup copy with ImageBurn onto a DL DVD it fails (twice now) on the finalizing of DVD part.

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated...perhaps some other burning software would work better?

Hello, did you make a copy of your 10.5 disk yet? I am having troubles. can you explain to me in details?

thank you

Hello, did you make a copy of your 10.5 disk yet? I am having troubles. can you explain to me in details?

thank you

Just use Disk Utility to make a "CD/DVD Master" image of the disc, and then change the extension from .cdr to .iso. Works for me!

thank you

best thing i tell you if your using a pc to make a copy of Mac os x i used Daemon tools to copy it i think any iso making program will work due to software like this is more open on reading data that's in any formate windows can not read. hope this helps