Cannot log into Leopard after Update from Tiger on iMac

rexexdesign

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I installed the update from Tiger to Leopard on my new G5 iMac. After successful install and restart I cannot log into my machine. I see the login screen and then after I hit login it loads and then it jumps back to the screen. Password is correct. I even reset it in the install DVD setup.

So frustrated. Cannot get to my files now and Leopard doesnt work!

Any help appreciated.

You know that is why I love this forum. Thank you, gikku and sbultez for getting back to me that fast. I looked on google and forums, but only found other people with the same issue, but no answer. I am trying that install and archive right now (install is like 1.45 hrs).

Its kind of crazy to think that I just bought a new iMac and it has trouble with the newest OS. I wish they had tested that a little more before.

Thanks again!

You know that is why I love this forum. Thank you, gikku and sbultez for getting back to me that fast. I looked on google and forums, but only found other people with the same issue, but no answer. I am trying that install and archive right now (install is like 1.45 hrs).

Its kind of crazy to think that I just bought a new iMac and it has trouble with the newest OS. I wish they had tested that a little more before.

Thanks again!

Also, if you used Time Machine and made some backup you can boot from the DVD and select restore from Time Machine, is fast and you don't loose your applications and documents until that backup. :lol: