If I bought an Alienware m9750...

2 posts in this topic

I'm in somewhat of a dilemma at the moment. I love the Mac OS X operating system, and I own a 20" Core Duo iMac. However, I love gaming as well, and my hardware (specifically the graphics card) isn't quite up to spec to play the latest games. I was wondering how good my experience would be if I went out and bought an m9750 today and installed OS X on it. How well would the hardware be supported? I know that an Alienware can beat a macbook pro's price anyday, and with better performance at that. I know they may not be as "sleek" or thin as macs, but they have their own type of cool factor.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

mmm...I think the Macbook Pro is probably just as good as the Alienware, value wise. Seriously. It happens to be a great gaming laptop. Which model are you looking at specifically? You know Alienware is really just Dell in disguise, so maybe you can also look at getting a dell 1705 or something. It's certainly possible, just look at this thread...

Consult the HCL list for what's possible. 7 -series nvidia cards will probably work, unfortunately, no 8600 or higher support yet.