[guide] Patcher for Leopard

mrbonkers

11 posts in this topic

Updated: 5/11/07

I've edited Brazilmac patcher so that it can make a 4.7gb dvd or a 8gb(full) dvd installation. inside, i also did a boot patch for those who are having problem booting into the hard disk. this patch is only meant for those who wants to install from a hard disk. it will not create a Leo_Patched_DVD.iso. only the original Brazilmac script will.

steps:

if you want to use your own KEXT, you can copy it to Patch/files/extensions

if you have problem with mDNSResponder, maybe you could disable LAN in BIOS or replace ionetowrkingfamily.kext. it worked for me after replacing ionetowrkingfamily.kext

1) download the retail unpatched leopard dvd. ISO or DMG does not matter

2) open the image, it will mount to desktop

3) open disk utility and select the hard disk you want to restore the image to.

4) in the restore tab, drag the hard disk to Destination and drag the mounted image to Source.

5) check Erase Destination and uncheck skip checksum then click restore.

6) after restoration, rename the hard disk to osx86dvd

7) extract patch to desktop and edit patchdvd4.sh or patchdvd8.sh. it depends which you want to use

patchdvd4 does not include languages, x11(same as the original brazilmac patch)

patchdvd8 includes everything

example:

APDIR=/Users/SHORT NAME/Desktop/Patch

8) open terminal type sudo -s

9) drag patchdvd8 or patchdvd4 into terminal and hit enter

10) after patching, edit boot.sh

example:

PATCH="/Users/SHORT NAME/Desktop/Patch/Boot"

LEO="/Volumes/osx86dvd"

VOL="disk2s1" where 2 is the disk of restored HD and 1 is the partition

PART="1" # partition, same as x, in this case 1

11) unmount the osx86dvd HD and drag boot.sh into terminal and hit enter

12) reboot your computer and boot into the hard disk

13) after the boot screen, select your language and format the hard disk you want to install on.( IT MUST BE MBR)

14) click next until customize

15) depending which patch you used, select accordingly

16) click install and after installation, boot back to tiger

17) in tiger, edit after.sh

example:

PATCH="/Users/SHORT NAME/Desktop/Patch/files"

LEO="/Volumes/Leopard"

18) open terminal and type sudo -s

19) drag after.sh into terminal and hit enter

20) after that, edit boot.sh again to make Leopard bootable

UPDATE:

type fdisk -e /dev/rdiskD

then type update

then type flag P

then type write

lastly type quit

where D is disk and P is partition

you have to do this because the script does not execute properly

example:

PATCH="/Users/SHORT NAME/Desktop/Patch/Boot"

LEO="/Volumes/Leopard"

VOL="disk3s1" where 3 is the disk you installed Leopard to and 1 is the partition

PART="1" # partition, same as x, in this case 1

21) unmount Leopard HD and drag boot.sh into terminal and press enter

22) reboot tiger and now you should be able to boot into leopard.

P.S: this is my first script. it might have errors. if so please edit it and post the corrected error here.

Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/67418498/Patch.zip

i think it's possible. have not tested it yet. the script i edited only allows you to restore to a hard disk. so you still need to have an extra hard disk or a partition. after you patch the dvd(8GB) you can use disk utility and create an image of the hard disk and burn it to a DL DVD.

i've updated the patch

Tried it , but no luck.

I restored it to a IDE drive maybe that caused it to quit right before end of installation.

I also patched with BrazilMac's method and I'm running Leopard.

Will try to edit BrazilMac's patch to create DL-DVD but I'm not sure how big the ISO should be.

In BrazilMac's script it sais 4481 M now. Can you help me on that?

Tried it , but no luck.

I restored it to a IDE drive maybe that caused it to quit right before end of installation.

I also patched with BrazilMac's method and I'm running Leopard.

Will try to edit BrazilMac's patch to create DL-DVD but I'm not sure how big the ISO should be.

In BrazilMac's script it sais 4481 M now. Can you help me on that?

the size of the complete dvd is about 7.6GB

• 3 weeks later...

Where can I get your patchdvd8? I would like to patch my full OS X leopard.dmg file. It seems the printer drivers and AC97 kext in the extras that get zapped by the Brazilmac patch. I don't know if you had time to set it up to create a burnable image for DL DVD but thats what I want to do. BTW: does this work with the SSE 2 Intel processors?

When I try to restore the leopard.dmg onto a MBR partition, i get an error from Disk Utility: Restore Failure -an error (-5308) occurred while copying.

Anyone know what this means?

I've tried both USB and SATA connected harddrives.. The same thing happens if I try to restore the brazilmac patched single layer ISO to a partition/or a usb harddrive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I've been trying to finish installing this on my Inspiron 640m laptop, and the furthest I can get is right after Leopard installs. After that, when I boot using -s after hitting f8 during the darwin bootloader, it goes through a whole slew of text and then ends up with -sh-2.3# or something, which I'm pretty sure is Bash-2.3, I think. Anyways, its the same text I use when loading the setup dvd and running terminal without going into -s (verbose mode?) "cd .." does nothing and when typing "cd" it says "no home specified" or something similar...

Right now I'm running a live-cd of Ubuntu 10.04 to type this up, but is there any way run the ./9a581PostPatch.sh from within linux? Please help, I don't have much time to install this... =\