Leopard on Asus P5N32e-sli and hopefully some other nforce mobos, perfect install dvd and informations...

 Mysticus C*

86 posts in this topic

It s a matter of time, waiting for one more approval, than it will be out :)

+ in irc it will be r2 to r3 ppf

+ in here, i made it as in two ways

++ iAtkos v1.0i iso + r2 ppf + r3 ppf (applying ppf is very simple and quick so dont worry, i made it this way bcoz some people may just would like to have other purposes...)

++ iAtkos v1.0i r3 iso (it will include both r2 and r3 ppfs applied to iso...)

so if you already had original or r2 iso, you will not need to wait for entire packages, you will be able to grab what you like... like i said sources are ready... just waiting one more approval

i will announce it when everything approved, and clear my inbox first bcoz too many junks there as well, so i will know who will need r3... when it s announced start pm ing... also will make a new topic as i mentioned earlier, so discussion will be moved to that topic which i will leave the link here...

note1: in the install guide, i will mention only the things that are needed for installing and running the Leopard, but not individual drivers or anything will be mentioned to be choosen, as i cannot know by heart what you have on your system...

note2: as many of you know that some sata hdd / dvd drives do not work due to two reasons! a) missing dev ids ;) incompatibility from the driver... in either case you may need one ide (pata) dvd drive and one ide hdd. if incompatible, that u will need to have the ide (hdd or dvd drive) permanently, if missing dev id than the need will be temporary if you are lucky... so before you begin, keep one ide hdd/dvd drive handy to be able install least painfully and in the shortest wait....

The new topic will be this one, I am still writing so please do not post anything yet!!!!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

I will start PMing the Instructions very soon as well...

damn: i had to re edit again, it doesnt allow me to post easy... it will mess up everything i did...

:angel:

:blink:

:smoke:

i have a p5n-e sli

kalyways 10.5.2 patch works excellent

after running it, restore system.kext from 10.5.2 pkg from apple

and use toh's 9.2.0 kernel

dual core works !

Darwin rajko-stojadinovics-mac-pro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Thu Feb 14 17:30:26 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

i have a p5n-e sli

kalyways 10.5.2 patch works excellent

after running it, restore system.kext from 10.5.2 pkg from apple

and use toh's 9.2.0 kernel

dual core works !

Darwin rajko-stojadinovics-mac-pro.local 9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Thu Feb 14 17:30:26 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386

yeah it works great, but kalyway, update doesnt include some of the graphics stuff... i think... so you gotta do it afterwards, and be careful...

Hi there,

I'm new to the Hackintosh world and not very technical. I got Kalyway 10.5.1 and tried to Erase/Partition my hard drive in Disk Utility but always got I/O error message. I tried both of my 500GB hard drives and the same error appeared. I even tried with a smal WD hard drive (80GB) and still without luck. Could anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance!! ;)

My configuration:

ASUS P5N32-E Sli

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz

EVGA eGeForce 8800 GTS

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB SATA (partitions: approx. 100, 200, 165)

Maxtor MaxLine Pro 500GB SATA (partitons: approx. 200, 265)

Hi There..

I have been trying to get the instal done over a few weeks now. No luck so far. I have tried the r3 ISO. The image loads successfully and set up is done. When i try to boot -v ,-x cpus=1 , it starts to load the setup from the hard drive and when the apple logo should come on it flashes and then reboots. I have tried many ways to boot it. Also tried Kalyway and iatkos r2. I think this would be a nvidia driver issue driver. Do you think I should just get a different card or wait till video issues are sorted. I do not know if it is easy to add the drivers to the boot process as I am new to Mac.

Regards

Many thanks to Mysticus for your help..

Mobo: Asus P5N32e-sli

cpu : Intel Q6600

vga : Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT (512 MB) Gigabyte

HDD1: 60 GIG Seagate ide

DVD : 1 x DVDRW drive ide

Keyboard & Mouse : USB

Monitor : Dell 27" Digital

Kingston 2 gigs Ram

• 3 years later...
First of all thanx for ToH credits goes to him for his release...

Mobo: Asus P5N32e-sli (Nforce 680i Chipset)

cpu : Intel Q6600

vga : Radeon HD 2900 XT 512 mb

HDD1: 3 x 500gb in raid 0 mode (SATA)

HDD2: 1 x 300gb (PATA)

DVD : 1 x DVDRW drive (PATA)

Keyboard & Mouse : USB

Monitor : Analog (dvi to vga converter)

In this mobo sata drives are recognized however since i m using it in raid mode i didnt wanna distroy it, so i used pata drive to install leo!

Sata drive sizes were exact, however pata size is limited to 128 gb. but with appleviaata kext you can solve it easily after installation... make sure u use a partition that is in first section of the hdd and not to exceed 128 gb...

Since this mobo has nvidia chipset, it makes it a bit pain in the a$$ to install it easily.

Ok You downloaded the iso, and burned it...

You booted off the dvd, and you are looking at press any key to install os x counter... before it finishes counting you must press F8!

The reason for this is (in my case only maybe) I have q6600 and although it s hpet it cant work for now as hpet.

So you have to use these flags:

-v u know this one already, verbose mode to see errors

cpus=1 caused by nforce chipset for some reason with out this flag it creates cpu kernel panic!

-x in my case (in some other people's case as well= for me the prblem was nvdaresman loads although i have ati 2900 xt, it creates kernel panic!)

-v -x cpus=1

use these flags and u ll boot up fine,

once u booted up, use ur diskutility to create partition or if u have already partioned with your current tiger, just continue to install window

choose your drive to install

click customization button

uncheck evertg (except essential which you already cant!)

start the install

light a cigarette or take some coffee while installing

but this is the trick part (just maybe my case i dont know)

if u leave computer unattended for more than 10 mins dvd drive somehow goes to sleep mod which causes later on some files not found or not validated error!

so what i did was move the mouse aroung every 7-8 mins and click on an empty area!

trust me it is very unpleasant after 1.5 hrs wait and almost done dvd drive sleeps and cant get back on install doomed!

so dont take chance :P

once installation done

u ll restart!

once restarted

use same flags once more dont try to go to -s mode u ll mess up evertg u waited for...

-v -x cpus=1

once booted proparly u ll see apple screen, u fill out infos etc... create user account

after that it may ask u to transfer details or etc, in my case it didnt take dont transfer anything as an answer so i had to make it search for my tiger and it found all the details and programs i had, and voila it get past the screen and welcome to Leo!

make sure u uncheck Keep me Updated part! otherwise it will download updates and u ll be doomed by apple :P

if u used pata drive for installation and had a hdd bigger than 128 gb... u ll see that it ll only show 128 gb...

to solve this u need to esit your appleviaata.kext file!

note: even if it is smaller than 128 gb i still highly suggest u to edit this file if u used pata! bcoz this hdd bug is caused by missing dev id! (0x036e10de)

now u can edit ur appleviaata.kext file and add the 0x036e10de dev id among the other dev ids under pci match part of SATA SECTION! u got it right SATA section although it is pata! it has to be like this! trust me! by doing this, not only u ll get ur full hdd size, but also much better hdd performance as well!

dont forget to chown and chmod ur file once done....

for sound card, i copied my old appleazaliaaudio kext and it worked fine (stereo only as usual with this one)

for network there is no solution as of now... out of luck at the moment... (i found a solution but it s temporary bcoz the drive works fine under light usage, but heavy usage causes freeze...

here is the link if u wanna take a look

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=73317

usb works fine and all usb2 drives works fine... no issue with high speed...

for vga card check my topic for 2900xt 512mb:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...&pid=493777

full qe/ci rotation dvi+vga+dual screen everything working...

(just a side note, if u have ati card, remember after creating accounts and u are on gui screen, make sure go to terminal and remove the nvd* and gef* series kexts... they meddle with this card although nothing to do with it...)

for nforce sata there is a new driver by medevil, which is claimed to work for both pata and sata... so no more appleviaata.kext editing...

here is the link http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...&pid=576753

there are also patched kernels for this nforce chipset.... which means u can use all your cores... no more cpus=1

Leo

10.5.1 sse3 (efi required as i m told) http://rapidshare.com/files/83478429/mach_..._efi_needed.zip

10.5.0 sse3 (nforce/nohpet no efi required but works fine in efi system) http://rapidshare.com/files/83478612/mach_...0.5.0_noefi.zip

Tiger (w/o efi patch system doesnt even boot 10.4.10's kernel or 11's but only 10.4.9's kernel work... aka 8.9.1, so to use 10.4.10 kernel or above u need to use efi patch on this mobo)

10.4.10 http://rapidshare.com/files/83478899/mach_nforce_8.10.1.zip

10.4.11 http://rapidshare.com/files/83479684/mach_...1nforce_efi.zip

thanx for the kernel for the ChaOSX86 channel members especially Kabyl... for the kernels... all credits to him...

any questions? dont be shy to ask :P

good luck....

tnx for this thread mate for giving me hope somehow to install Leopard on my ASUS X42JY Laptop

with the following specifications:

-------------------------------------

Processor Number i3-2310M

2 Core

2gb DDR3

1 Gb Intel® HD Graphics 3000

---------------------------------------

i have tested booting several times yet i cant make it to the welcome screen of leopard and format the

drives. recently using

-----------------------------------------

arch="x86_64 busratio=21" -x

-----------------------------------------

flags, i have had this Kernel panic:

<-----------------------------------------

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001AC05E): "Voodoo rtclock_init panic"@VoodooKernel/xnu-1228.7.58/osfmk/i386/commpage/commpage.c:425

<-----------------------------------------

pls help mate...