Airclick USB w/ Front Row in Leopard BROKEN

cargoplex

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a Griffin Airclick USB w/ Leopard to control Front Row. I had previously used this combo in Tiger on my original iMac G5 and it worked swimmingly, but some of the functionality is now broken in Leopard. The Airclick software still appears to run fine, and it will allow you to navigate the menus, but it's the "hold down play/pause" command that emulates the MENU button on the Apple remote causes the problem. In my experience, this freezes the Airclick software every time. I'm loving Leopard, but I miss using my Airclick w/ Front Row! Any help or insight on this subject would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks. :D

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if anyone has any experience using a Griffin Airclick USB w/ Leopard to control Front Row. I had previously used this combo in Tiger on my original iMac G5 and it worked swimmingly, but some of the functionality is now broken in Leopard. The Airclick software still appears to run fine, and it will allow you to navigate the menus, but it's the "hold down play/pause" command that emulates the MENU button on the Apple remote causes the problem. In my experience, this freezes the Airclick software every time. I'm loving Leopard, but I miss using my Airclick w/ Front Row! Any help or insight on this subject would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks. :(

Hi. Not sure if you are using this software from Griffin or have already tried this. It's called Proxi. You can get what they call a "blueprint" for Frontrow. I think it may be included with the SW. It works on Leo. I use it. Hope this helps.

Hey urd, thanks for lookin' out! :( I actually found Proxi myself about a month ago, but totally forgot I made this post or else I would have followed up. I did have to make some slight modifications to the Front Row Blueprint to fix the "hold-down-play/pause" button emulating the Apple Remote's "Menu" button, but after that it's worked perfect! :(