10.4.10 Install help please

Petoria

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I have a Dell 1720 (specs at bottom) and mac.nub’s OSx86 Tiger - 10.4.10 - Version 1, Revision 5 Install DVD. I partitioned my hard drive and created a primary Fat 32 partition. When the boot disk loads up the GUI, I go to the Disk Utilities and only my DVD drive is recognized and not my hard drive. Is there something that I can do to allow the hard drive to be recognized so that I am able to install?

P.S. I previously had the JaS flavour of 10.4.8 PPF1+PPF2 OSX running but, it always was able to recognize my hard drive when installing or in OSX.

Specs are as follow:

CPU - Intel Core Due 2 T7500 (2.16 ghz)

Mainboard – Dell 0FP441 (whatever that means)

Memory – 2048 MB DDR2 PC2 5300

HDD – 250 GB SATA 5200 RPM

Graphics – Gforce 8600M GS

Hello - I thought I woould chime in and attempt to help. I just started getting interested in OSX on 486 after putting it on a Dell b130. The problem I ran into - and it sounds that you have be having the same problem is that when your in DU partions your drive to HFS+ journaled and then under the optionsbutton make sure you choose the last option DOS/Windows boot loader instead of the first option.

Since I see you have already put on OS X before - hmm sorry - just a shot.

Thanks for replying zband.

However, the solution you gave does not work in my case because I can not use the Disk Utility from the install disk. My hard drive is not listed in the side bar of the Disk Utility window. I used Gparted to format my disk and partition it to a Fat32 Primary.

Although in the past the install disk for the Jas install showed my NTSF partitions as well as the one I would have set up as FAT32 to format to an HFS+ partition.

Could there be something else preventing the drive from showing up?

I have a M1330 and i have the same problem, the disk dosent appear, i tried to format it with other installer and then reinserted the mac.nub disk, but nothing happened i think mac.nub disk is missing the sata files or something related to them, if someone knows a solution for this it would be great becouse my other option of getting 10.4.10 was updating but when y do that with the pascal update it always crashes.

I get the same problem but I successfully installed Leopard so if you have a problem with 10.4.10 just try BrazilMacLeopard, thats awesome, however if someone get the solution, it could be great because its easier to install Leopard with a preinstall tiger because of the postpatch...

Try Jas's 10.4.8 and find some kexts for sata driver.

Thanks for replying zband.

However, the solution you gave does not work in my case because I can not use the Disk Utility from the install disk. My hard drive is not listed in the side bar of the Disk Utility window. I used Gparted to format my disk and partition it to a Fat32 Primary.

Although in the past the install disk for the Jas install showed my NTSF partitions as well as the one I would have set up as FAT32 to format to an HFS+ partition.

Could there be something else preventing the drive from showing up?

I am no pro but I formatted my hard drive using MacDrive and had the MAC HF+ Format turned on instead of Fat32. Then I ran the DVD 10.4.10 of mac nub, and the installation is going really smooth.. Will tell you if there was any problem. If you are done installing the osx, lemme know how it went.

Hope it helped!