How to boot installed Leopard with DVD

altezza2k2

6 posts in this topic

sorry, i guess i wasnt clear. I dont mean how to boot the dvd, i can boot the dvd and install leopard just fine. But like many people, after install my leopard wont boot. I see people are able to use the install DVD to boot the install they just finished on the hard drive. I would like to know how to do that.

Hi,

1.- You have to change the boot order so that hackintosh tries to boot from the DVD

2.- As soon as the DVD starts botting and tels "please press a key to install......" hit F8 again to be able to enter options

3.- You have to specify the disk from which you want to boot (if you only have 1 disk and 1 partition enter: rd=disk0s1). Yuo have to know the disk and Partition (rd=diskXsX) X Disk and X the Partition you want to boot

4.- Press enter to start boot from that disk

Have luck.

Zsnoop

Hi,

1.- You have to change the boot order so that hackintosh tries to boot from the DVD

2.- As soon as the DVD starts botting and tels "please press a key to install......" hit F8 again to be able to enter options

3.- You have to specify the disk from which you want to boot (if you only have 1 disk and 1 partition enter: rd=disk0s1). Yuo have to know the disk and Partition (rd=diskXsX) X Disk and X the Partition you want to boot

4.- Press enter to start boot from that disk

Have luck.

Zsnoop

thank you, thats exactly what i was looking for :)