Torrents not working in Leopard

thenetstud

2 posts in this topic

I am having issues using torrent applications in Leopard. I use a MacBook connected wirelessly to my Airport Extreme Base Station.

Prior to purchasing this computer I used Windows Vista on a PC with utorrent, never had any issues always had good speeds when I should.

Just got the MacBook with Leopard. I have tried three torrent programs, BitRocket, Transmission and Azureus. I have enabled port forwarding on the base station and in each client.

I have had the most luck with Transmission, I will be able to download sometimes but my speeds with fluctuate from top speed to 0kb/s within a minute and this happens during the entire download process.

BitRocket and Azureus won't even start downloading at all for me.

Last night I installed Windows Vista using BootCamp and put utorrent on as well. Started a download and I had no problems just like when I was using my old PC.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

I am having issues using torrent applications in Leopard. I use a MacBook connected wirelessly to my Airport Extreme Base Station.

Prior to purchasing this computer I used Windows Vista on a PC with utorrent, never had any issues always had good speeds when I should.

Just got the MacBook with Leopard. I have tried three torrent programs, BitRocket, Transmission and Azureus. I have enabled port forwarding on the base station and in each client.

I have had the most luck with Transmission, I will be able to download sometimes but my speeds with fluctuate from top speed to 0kb/s within a minute and this happens during the entire download process.

BitRocket and Azureus won't even start downloading at all for me.

Last night I installed Windows Vista using BootCamp and put utorrent on as well. Started a download and I had no problems just like when I was using my old PC.

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong - there seem to be problems with Leopard and networking. See if this helps: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5645043