Tweaking/Modifying the Menu Bar Transparency in Leopard

hecker

5 posts in this topic

As you may know, Apple did not add a preference option to change the menu bar's alpha setting in the new OS X Leopard. One solution is to add a white stripe of color across the top section of your wallpaper pictures by hand but unless you use one wallpaper picture exclusively you're in for a lot of photoshopping. That's where a little program named LeoColorBar can help. This free application will automatically adjust the menu bar's transparency to meet the color of your choice. All you have to do is select the base color from a palette, pick your wallpaper and you're done (see screenshot).

Cheers,

hecker

Edit: Here's the download link for LeoColorBar: http://homepage.mac.com/mdsw/md%20softworks.html

screenshot.tiff

Luckily I am not so picky about the menubar, it works ok for me with it transparency! WTF!
I know, it looks ok with many pictures (mostly ones with large plain areas in the upper section) but what puzzles me is why they didn't place the alpha parameter as an option! I guess Steve just likes it that way, heh. :rolleyes:

hecker

PS: Other than that I am really lovin' Leopard, bros.

I was waiting for this... I know transparent seems cool, but transparent menus are just harder to read. Nothing you are reading should ever be transparent! At the least they should have allowed for adjustment as the open menus are okay, but the top file menu is too transparent IMO.