Kernel Panic After Running Limewire

Goopnzaopleopz9

5 posts in this topic

Copy and paste the panic from Console (under LOG FILES > PanicReporter). It could be related to other issues, but it'd give us an idea of if it's the same thing that a few of us MacBook Pro users are having problems with.

Well, I don't see anything as far as panic reporter, but I do see these messages in the system.log around the time a panic happens:

10/29/07 11:15:15 AM kernel Package 0 didn't get an HPET (This one shows up hundreds of times!)

(these next ones show up periodically in the midst of the previous message)

10/29/07 5:53:25 AM kernel --RTMPDeQueuePacket queue full !! TxRingTotalNumber= 0, NextTxIndex=2, NextBulkOutIndex=2 !! insert headqueue

10/29/07 6:40:05 AM kernel TxContext[36], InUse=1, bWaitingBulkOut=0, IRPPending=1

(This looks like what happens around the time the panic starts)

10/29/07 7:06:04 AM iCal Helper[329] *** -[CalPersistentStoreCoordinator createPersistentStore:]: error on adding persistent store: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257 UserInfo=0x16f480 "The file could not be opened because you do not have appropriate access privileges." { NSUnderlyingException = Error validating url for store;}

10/29/07 7:06:04 AM iCal Helper[329] WARNING: CalCalendarStore: create persistent store failed

Maybe it's not Limewire that's causing this? Another panic happened while I was running Bittorrent. Maybe Leopard doesn't like P2P clients? Again, I want opinions from both real mac users and hackintosh users, please...

I should also mention that iCal won't open. In the Console, I get the same 2 messages:

10/29/07 7:06:04 AM iCal Helper[329] *** -[CalPersistentStoreCoordinator createPersistentStore:]: error on adding persistent store: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=257 UserInfo=0x16f480 "The file could not be opened because you do not have appropriate access privileges." {NSUnderlyingException = Error validating url for store;

10/29/07 7:06:04 AM iCal Helper[329] WARNING: CalCalendarStore: create persistent store failed

Why would iCal be trying to run if I didn't even touch it?

Can you see if anything appears in /Library/Logs? Usually the system keeps track of the backtrace when you have a kernel panic, and stores it in the log file itself. It would look something like this:

kernelpanicme8.png

This is actually from a kernel panic I got while running Azureus. It would look something like this. It lets you see the actual area that's blowing up on you. In my case, first glance shows the Atheros driver (MacBook Pro wireless) acting up and causing problems.. It really helps narrow down issues.