Why do they hate us?

BDR

6 posts in this topic

So while I was trying to find information about leopard when it came out I came across quite a few articles on apple fanboy pages saying how much they hated seeing the headlines that we were able to get OSX running on a PC. My question is WHY? Maybe they don't like that we know what is inside our machines? Or maybe that they don't like us because (as is my case at the moment) don't have enough $$ to shell out for true Mac hardware. Or is it that they are scared that we know (in our short time of doing this) way more about the inner workings of their operating system than they do? Just want to throw this one out there and see what everyone has to say about this.

-Don

i believe that they hate it because they are afraid that apple will let people out os x on pc's and they dont want that. i believe this is because they think once apple does that os x wont be as dependable on other systems becuase of all the hardware it has to support and they think that it will be the end of the mac.

in my opinion (and i do consider myself and apple fanboy) i REALLY want apple to let osx be installable on any system. this can encourage game developers, gamers, and sales as a whole (people who believe in expandability will buy it as well). I have an iBook myself, and i 100% support osx86 team for this reason. although it might {censored} people off, i say to hell with them. apple would def make more money letting osx not be locked down. i assure u.

[...] apple would def make more money letting osx not be locked down. i assure u.

Yeah. Too bad Apple/Steve doesn't think like that.

I think the Mac fanboys hate us because they've paid a lot for their Macs, while we have OS X for free. A good reason, IMHO :)

apple would def make more money letting osx not be locked down. i assure u.

I assure you that is wrong. :)

(Loss of hardware sales, incredibly increased support costs, higher development costs, ...)

Some people may hate OSx86 users because its a self promoting notion that somehow they are special because they are part of a select group.

My guess is that if there was a 50/50 mix of Mac to PC users, that sediment would be greatly reduced. You know people like being the underdog story and the world against us and we will succeed idea.

of course apple makes money off hardware sales. but if only apple was allowed to sell os x with their computers it would be fine (not licensing to dell or any other pc manufacturer). this would just let people who want to have a custom computer have one but if people dont want the hassle of installing a new OS they can just buy a mac :)

I believe that many Mac users hate Apple hackers, because they think they are something better because they possess a Mac, like a status symbol, something that's not made for everyone but an exclusive circle of people, the elite, which defines itself by what they got instead of essential things! I also bought a MBP a year ago, but I still have the same spirit I had before, my Mac didn't change me, it just was always was a dream to buy a Mac and now I have one - sure, it wasn't cheap, it's not perfect at all but it was worth it, but I am by far not agreeing with Apple's policy of closed platforms and therefore I think that hacking OS X to run on standard PCs or unlocking the iPhone is something great and maybe one day we'll force Apple to change their minds on this policy so that everyone will be able to run OS X on their PCs - it's about time! BTW, the quality of Apple products is not what it was once - a price-drop of the hardware would also be adequate, if you look at all the problems the products have and what you pay for them!