Recommended SATA board?

1 post in this topic

Greetings,

I have a Asus P5K with a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, PNY Geforce 7300, Intel Pro 1000 ethernet, 4GB 800MHz dual DDR running Uphuck 10.4.9 (It rocks!) and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a SATA board that would work with this configuration.

I have only been able to get the IHC9 SATA ports to work in IDE mode (very slow and only supports less than 128GB), and the JMicron port works in AHCI mode put it only gives me two ports and I need at a minimum of three drives on this machine.

I tried getting around the problem by purchasing a DATOptic SATA II 5 port multiplier (Silicon Image 3726 chipset), and the BIOS does not see any of many different drives that I have tried at boot time - the JMicron just says "Searcing" for awhile before it reports that no drives can be found. I checked that the JMicron supports a "Port Multiplier" before I purchased it, and it says that it does. Maybe the port multiplier is dead on arrival, I am not sure. I did try every imaginable combination that I could think of including setting the JMicron to IDE and RAID mode...

So I was thinking of returning the port multiplier for a SATA board if I can find one that will be supported by OSx86 without too much trouble. Also, any information to help get my IHC9 working in SATA mode would be awesome!

I greatly appreciate any and all advice! Thanks!!!