New User

McNoob

3 posts in this topic

Hello first post.

Wow I have been running OSX86 for the past two days and think it is amazing. I have heard some people say that it is unstable and buggy but this is not true. I am running it on a P4 2.6 768 Ram and Intel GMA 900 SATA Maxtor.

I think it is just as stable and respnosive as XP/Vista if not more. QE/CI onboard sound and video are supported.

I can not believe how well this machine perform when it is basicly a 3 year old HP.

However the are few things i need help with.

1. When I install xxx OSX 10.4.10 my sound doesnt work which it does in Jas 10.4.7
  2. I can not dual boot for lack of trying so if someone can point me in the direction of a good easy to under stand guide.
  3. Im thinking of upgrading to a Core2Duo. Anything i need to look out for and will it work with my current mobo Asus PTGD1-LA because it works realy well. if it aint broke dont fix it

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Hello first post.

Wow I have been running OSX86 for the past two days and think it is amazing. I have heard some people say that it is unstable and buggy but this is not true. I am running it on a P4 2.6 768 Ram and Intel GMA 900 SATA Maxtor.

I think it is just as stable and respnosive as XP/Vista if not more. QE/CI onboard sound and video are supported.

I can not believe how well this machine perform when it is basicly a 3 year old HP.

However the are few things i need help with.

1. When I install xxx OSX 10.4.10 my sound doesnt work which it does in Jas 10.4.7
  2. I can not dual boot for lack of trying so if someone can point me in the direction of a good easy to under stand guide.
  3. Im thinking of upgrading to a Core2Duo. Anything i need to look out for and will it work with my current mobo Asus PTGD1-LA because it works realy well. if it aint broke dont fix it

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

. . Hi, AFAIK your mobo uses the Realtek ALC880 for onboard sound with the ICH6 - check out Taruga's AppleHDA patcher, & this thread may also be helpful.

. . it uses the i915P chipset, so no Core2Duo support.

For guides & so on, start with the Wiki

Good Luck :(

[*]I can not dual boot for lack of trying so if someone can point me in the direction of a good easy to under stand guide.
Did you partition you hard drive so that you have an XP and an OS X partition each?

Which was installed first and which was installed second (ie. what's your active partition)?

If you have both installed and you installed OS X second (ie. it's your active partition) Darwin bootloader should take over and list XP in the boot options. If it doesn't then you could make make windows your active partition and use the chain0 method (look in wiki).

Alternatively you could use Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 and use it's bootloader (search for this in the normal places). Finally you can install a Linux OS and use the GRUB bootloader that comes with it.

Hope that helps

/\/\ebster