Windows transparent

iwannasave

7 posts in this topic

OS X newbie, even though I have used it for 2 months now.

When I have an active window, my non-active window becomes transparent and almost non-visible.

How do I stop it from doing that? Its very hard if I have to drag a picture or compare 2 documents side by side. Please help. I have enclosed a screenshot.

Thanks

-GGR

post-130654-1193223734_thumb.jpg

looks like you got a little help from ShapeShifter there? That makes windows transparent in different ways for different styles you apply. Turn it off temporarily and see if that helps. If you don't have an application like this then this won't help of course. Just sth to check first

ShapeShifter? I could not find it on my system anywhere, ran a "find" under Library directory, but could not find it. I looked at all folders under application in "finder", nothing there.

I am colour blind and this transparency makes things even harder to read.

Please help! Thanks

-GGR

Sorry guys I am a OS X newbie. I have no clue how that happened. After the user "The great deveiver" replied I did a google search for shapeshifter, I installed it. It does not do anything, I have no clue how to use it or how to uninstall it.

Is there a pkgrm or some such tool which I can use to remove it?

The transparency might look good to start, but it makes reading or comparing 2 windows very hard and impossible.

Please help.

Thanks

-GGR