10.4.8 (JaS/TubGirl) 10.4.9 (Uphuck) 10.4.10 (Kalyway) install issue

Eloquence

16 posts in this topic

lol ok, I have tried every release I can find on my nForce 4 and nForce 590 rigs

10.4.8 JaS

10.4.8 TubGirl

10.4.9 Uphuck

10.4.10 Kalyway

On the nForce 4 rig (Athlon 3500+) the progress bar freezes, can still move the mouse.

On the nForce 590 rig (Athlon 6000+) I can see my hard disks, but they're greyed out.

Any suggestions / tips / advice would be appreciated!

Its on Demonoid last i checked, though even with tubgirl 10.4.10 you will NOT be able to directly install to a SATA HDD on an Nforce 4 chipset, you have to patch the installation dvd specifically for your chipset. I'm working on a prepatched version of the JaS 10.4.8 iso that should work on NForce 4 chipsets but i don't know how well it will work. sorry :(

try tubgirl 10.4.10 worked great for me. MSI K9N diamond mobo ADM athlon 64 X2 +6000 evga nvidea geforce 8600gts 512mb Now if I can just get leopard to work. :D Luck Steve
Ty, dl'ing now, will let you know how it goes.
Its on Demonoid last i checked, though even with tubgirl 10.4.10 you will NOT be able to directly install to a SATA HDD on an Nforce 4 chipset, you have to patch the installation dvd specifically for your chipset. I'm working on a prepatched version of the JaS 10.4.8 iso that should work on NForce 4 chipsets but i don't know how well it will work. sorry :(
Every other release has been able to install onto my Nforce 4 chipset motherboard rig. They all just freeze and random points once it starts installing. Unless that's actually the problem right there.
Can you please post direct link to .torrent file for Tubgirl 10.4.10, as I am unable to find it.
A bay of pirates with the right search query, such as 10.4.10 AMDVM might help ;)

1. On bay I found Osx 10.4.10 AMDVM_SSE3 TEST1, which is 2.27GB. Is it the same as Tubgirl 10.4.10?

2. For AMD SSE3 with nForce4 + SATA ... which is better for Hackintosh - Tubgirl or Kalyway or pehaps the "XxX 10.4.10 with PPF1 Patched"?

3. And same for running under VMware?

Also, if possible, can someone send me an invite for demon to eazyvg@wordpress.com .... thnx a lot.

FOR AMD nForce 4/5 user's you must have IDE hard drive connected to work, many AMD users don't know this...

With SATA only works if you have an old nForce3 board.

The big problem here is that all the new boards have only ONE IDE connector...using both HDD+DVD is stupid it's just slowes down computer.

mac.nub 10.4.10 is for Intel only but have nForce 5 for intel supported mybe will someone get this driver working in AMD HackMAC...

1. On bay I found Osx 10.4.10 AMDVM_SSE3 TEST1, which is 2.27GB. Is it the same as Tubgirl 10.4.10?2. For AMD SSE3 with nForce4 + SATA ... which is better for Hackintosh - Tubgirl or Kalyway or pehaps the "XxX 10.4.10 with PPF1 Patched"?3. And same for running under VMware?Also, if possible, can someone send me an invite for demon to eazyvg@wordpress.com .... thnx a lot.
1. Yes, if you look at the person who uploaded it, the username should be _TubGirl_2&3 - Couldn't tell you
mac.nub 10.4.10 is for Intel only but have nForce 5 for intel supported mybe will someone get this driver working in AMD HackMAC...
Fingers crossed

JUST IN...

Kalyway 10.4.40 have support for SATA made by MEDEVIL it install support for my MCP55 nVidia nForce but the hard drive can not be MOUNTED or eresed or what ever...?

We are getting very close to victory... :wacko:

Booting with this options...

-x -v -f - legacy cpus=2 rd disk01

Well I have successfully installed Tubgirl 10.4.10 (AMD Test 1 DVD image) on my nForce4 Ultra motherboard on SATA drive.

Full spec of my PC used is:

Athlon64 Venice Core (SSE2/3)

DFI nForce4 Ultra

SATA Drive (on 2nd primary partition)

built-in Ethernet is working

built-in sound NOT TESTED

ATI X800 GTO2 PCI-E

Audigy 2 ZS

I have 3 SATA drives, first two being used by Linux and 3rd now by Vista and Tubgirl 10.4.10 (1st partition=Vista, second=10.4.10, third for windows data).

What I would like to know more is how can I manage to install my ATI X800 GTO2 PCI-E card, so I have openGL and 1680x1050 resolution (currently 1280x1024x32) -- this is really very much WANTED.

Is it possible to use Audigy 2 ZS PCI sound card?

Can I manage my wireless -> Asus WL-130g, based on Ralink rt2500 chipset, to work, preferably with SoftAP mode, or at least in Ad-Hoc so I can connect two PCs wirelessly.

P.S. My first native OSX Hackintosh install -> Thank you Tubgirl and the community.

Good job E@zyVG

I successfully installed Tubgirl 10.4.10 onto my nForce4 rig too

Full Specs:

AMD Athlon 3500+

Asus A8N-SLI

Seagate 320g SATAII drive

Nvidia 7900GT PCIE

Everything working out of the box!

Failed on my nForce 590 rig though, ohwell

Hello for all!

My hardware is the follow:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP 64 3800+ (Venice)

Motherboard: Abit KN8 SLi

Chipset: NForce4

Memory: 2GB RAM

Harddrive: 2 x SATA (1 with three partitions: 1 Vista - 1 Windows XP - 1 reserved for MAC OSX ; 1 only for backup data)

Graphics: ATI Saphire X1600

I tried to install:

Jas 10.4.8

uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4i

All of them didn't install on my computer. I noted that when I boot from DVD it's take a long time to show me the installer. It's takes more or less 30 minutes or more (it's normal or it's realy slow?!). Then I can choose the language and proceed with installation. But, during the copy file phase it stops and show me a message saying: "A lot of errors occured during install. Please restart your computer and try again later".

When I try to install in verbose mode (-v) I see two error messages. The first one occurs before it tried to install "/Volumes". It show me a message like that: "IOKit unable to load drivers...".

I'll download "Tubgirl 10.4.10" to test it. I think to give up to install MAC OSX on my computer. I don't find any answer to my questions...

Please... Reply me! =D

My regards,

Felipe

• 2 months later...

Hi bolly

Sorry, I never did get the sound working. Upgrading hardware again so I will probably not get back to 10.4.10 but go strait to leopard. Wish tubgirl would put out a leopard, I reallly like her/his work. Guess I will have to wait for Kalyway or iAtkos to get around to AMD support.

I do not understand why so many techies still use intel. Do they just not remember the dirty tricks Intel has played on everybody in the past? Or do they just not care. So sad.

Did you upgrade BIOs yet? You should be at 1.7. Made a big diff for me.

Hey have you tried the new arctic pwm fans? cheap, quite, move a good bit of air and they CHAIN. I am running 2 and a sith kana from my CPU pwm socket. Love it, I can forget about that stupid fan controller. Just wish the screw holes went through, can't use rubber screws with them.

ei slee202..we have same board..does ur sound work in osx86?where did you get the driver for creative SB sound card

• 7 months later...