powerbook G4 1Ghz

OSXploit

11 posts in this topic

Sure, I have a previous version (867 Mhz) and I installed an Airport Express Card on it, works flawlessly.

Also please post in the right Forum, so you can get proper response.

Do you mean Airport Extreme? There was no Airport Express card (unless it was called that in Mexico). The 15" 867 (Titanium) could only use the 802.11b Airport card. The original 12" 867 could do 802.11g "extreme" if that's the one you have. The 1.0/1.25GHz Aluminum was the first 15" PowerBook to get the extreme cards.

In any case, to the OP - any Aluminum PowerBook can use 802.11g "Airport Extreme" card, so yes, you can get it

guys thanks for your help...after some reading i found out this laptop only takes the regular airportcard -> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88058 im just going to get one of those cards and add another 1GB of memory and hopefully LEOPARD will instal and work on this G4 ..Im trying to salvage it this laptop is in mint conditions no scratches whatsoever.

I'm confused now. The computer you linked to in the original post is not the computer in the Apple article. Do you have the Aluminum or Titanium PowerBook? If your keyboard is black, it's the titanium, and can only use an Airport Card (discontinued). If it's the same color as the rest of the computer, then it's the Aluminum, and it uses the Airport Extreme card.

sarahbau!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks man!! for all your help!! I found the box and it said it was made to use the airport extreme 802.11G... i went to the apple store and bought the extreme card... its working perfectly!! :unsure: Im so lucky the computer was bought like 3 yrs ago and i was thinking it was older than that