Help the noob, please :D

1v4n

6 posts in this topic

I'm planning to buy a MacBook so I wanted to see how everything looks like and feels like so I installed 10.4.9 version on my PC. Question is, where to find all of the drivers needed fo my PC to work properly so I could use Mac OSX in full functionality for a month or two, just to get used to it. I only managed to find video drivers and nothing else so please help me in finding the others as you are more experienced than I am. I'd like to say again that I completely new to Mac OS so don't be angry if I'm asking silly questions. My specs are:

Motherboard - Abit AB9

CPU - Intel Core2Quad Q6600

RAM - 2*1GB Kingmax DDR2 667

GPU - Nvidia 8800 GTS

WLAN - Abit airpace PCI-e wireless adapter

HDD - Maxtor 40 GB USB 2.0

DVD/RW - LG H62N SATA + LG H66N SATA

Logitech G15 keyboard

Genius Ergo 525 mouse

Terratec Aureon PCI 5.1 Fun or Realtek HD onboard audio ( which one works under Mac OS )

This would be it. I hope there is a way to get everything running, at least wireless adapter if nothing else.

Thanks in advance

Hey 1v4n - welcome to the forums.

I would recommend you wait, 3 days and download my Install DVD (when it is released then), as it should get almost everything working out of the box - and will be the first install with built-in support for your GPU.

It has support for your GPU, SATA, and On-board Realtek HD Audio. Your DVD/RW should be fine, the advanced features on your keyboard will likely not work under OS X, but it should function as a basic keyboard, your mouse should also be fine.

There are however, no drivers that I know of for your wireless network adapter.

Leave the default install options all enabled, then also select the following:

ICH8 (found under ATA & USB)

Azalia Audio (found under Audio)

And the required GeForce 8800 options (found under Graphics Drivers > nVidia Drivers > GeForce 800 Series)

See my thread for more info on my DVD - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67279

~mac.nub

Yes, it is a problem, I also looked but could find no information.

If you're lucky, it may contain a Broadcom (or other OS X compatible) chipset, in which case it would work out of the box.

~mac.nub

• 2 weeks later...
Hey 1v4n - welcome to the forums.

I would recommend you wait, 3 days and download my Install DVD (when it is released then), as it should get almost everything working out of the box - and will be the first install with built-in support for your GPU.

It has support for your GPU, SATA, and On-board Realtek HD Audio. Your DVD/RW should be fine, the advanced features on your keyboard will likely not work under OS X, but it should function as a basic keyboard, your mouse should also be fine.

There are however, no drivers that I know of for your wireless network adapter.

Leave the default install options all enabled, then also select the following:

ICH8 (found under ATA & USB)

Azalia Audio (found under Audio)

And the required GeForce 8800 options (found under Graphics Drivers > nVidia Drivers > GeForce 800 Series)

See my thread for more info on my DVD - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=67279

~mac.nub

I've got a very similar setup (same mobo, SATA DVD and primary HDD w/ Vista) and am trying to use the mac.nub install. I've configured the bios to use AHCI instead of IDE and I get to the install screen but it doesn't see my external USB HDD.

I'm not sure if there's something specific you have to do to get it to recognize it but so far no luck. If I set the bios to emulate IDE then I get the waiting for boot volume and it hangs.

I've tried some different flags but no luck there either.

Any ideas?