VISTA/XP/OSX

RPS

9 posts in this topic

Hi, There are a lot of dual boot guides and triple boot guides but all the triple boot guides are with VISTA/OSX/UBUNTO & personally i don't need to Run any LINUX flavour because i suck at computers so yeah:

Pls Help:

Gparted LIVE CD

I Installed Vista ON C (format= NTFS = 30GB)

Installed XP on E (Format=ntfs=10GB

They both show up on Vista Boot Manager

Install OSX 10.4.9 V1.4i R2 on D (format = hfs+= 27GB)

somehow when after i installed OSX osx boots while the others are corrupted but still show up in the boot chooser. I choose XP or Vista but it says "Winlod/NTDLR" not found.

So i slam the VISTA disk in and do the CMD repair command:

List partition & WTF!!! only 1 partition and thats the OSX one, where are my other one's.

http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/06/23/os...-intel-and-amd/

I've used that guide but could someone explain to me another way of doing it but USING boot managers in WINDOWS

Cheers

Which order should i install them in

& i use 3 primary partitions on Gprated LIVE-CD

I've tried: Xp-Vista-OSX (resulted in corruption)

I've tried VITSA-OSX and it worked but i NEED xp

I'm going to try Vista-OSX-XP

I've got Vista Boot Pro + EasyBCD

Could some one please help me about triple booting

1. install Windows XP on 1st drive

2. Create OSX partition on 1st drive

3. Make dual boot situation by modifying boot.ini using the chain0 that is found on the dvd (when you read it on a Windows system)

4. Create a partition for Vista (preferably on another drive, suggestion 2nd drive) and install it from within WindowsXP but don't upgrade just install it on the other partition. This will automatically result in a dual booting WindowsXP/Vista situation AND as Vista will adopt the boot.ini chain0 boot method in its own bootloader you will automatically have a triple boot situation as well!

5. EasybootCD is a program that is able to alter the Vista boot loader and can add and remove OS entries.

Nothing to it really ;)

OH {censored}, problem

I did that and when i rebbot it says something like:

<Windows root> \system32\hal.dll is missing or corrupt

Please re-install a copy of the above

PLS PLS HELP

I have OS X on drive 1, XP and vista on drive 2. Here's what I did:

Install OS X on drive one. OS X is now the operating system that boots when I turn on PC.

Install XP on drive two. XP is now the operating system that boots when I turn on PC.

Use chain0 and edit boot.ini to add option to boot OS X. The XP bootloader now offers the option on boot.

Resize my XP partition on drive 2 to make room for vista.

Install vista to unpartitioned space on drive 2.

Vista is now the main os that boots, and it automatically added options for XP and OS X in the bootloader. I guess it copied the boot info from xp.

I didn't do this in this order for any particular reason. It was just very straightforward. You can do it in any order, but you may get in over your head if you dont know how to set a boot flag or a partition active. Doing it in this order did not necessitate that.

You need 2 hard drives. Install xp partition 1 Drive 1, Install Vista, Partition 2 Drive 1.

Vista Bootloader now active

Install Easy BCD on Vista Os

Change XP entry from 'Previous version of Windows" to Windows xp

Create Storage on Drive 2 partition1

Create unformatted partition 2 Drive 2

Install OSX to Partition 2 drive 2

Boot into Vista

Run Easy BCD and Get vista bootloader to see OSX (just use automatic settings, it will find the os)

You will now have a Vista bootloader menu with XP, Vista and OSX. Pick your default in Easy BCD and your done.

Actually thanks to Mark1970 i managed to install all three on 1 Drive (using 3 partitions) many thanks to all you guys

Actually thanks to Mark1970 i managed to install all three on 1 Drive (using 3 partitions) many thanks to all you guys

I am glad it worked. It's really straightforward this multi booting stuff.

Cool, isn't it ultimately cool to triple boot.

I had to give a presentation at work the other day, took my laptop (see signature) which holds even 5 operating systems at the moment. Some people were confused by the way I used OSX on a regular PC, especially one of my colleagues who is always bragging and showing off his powerbook :)