some questions about leopard next week

patpatpoon

6 posts in this topic

hi guys, i hv the 9a559 now, which is my first time using builds (i never tried builds when tiger came)

but i do have 2 questions

1. can i do an upgrade to the current system when i get the leopard next week? i dun wanna lose and reinstall the stuff again

2.do u guys find the Front Row 2.0 is not as brilliant as 1.3 especially the transition? 1.3 does a fabulous one when the desktop goes back and the big 4 icons floats out, and the song stops playing when opening front row, anyone knows would apple do something to it?

these questions are only u guys from worldwide could answer, the mac forums in hongkong dont really cut the mustard.

I do like the transition in 1.3 better, but I don't know about the whole upgrade issue either. From tiger it should work, a safe guess would be why not?

But you'll be better off not doing an upgrade.

Hey Patpatpoon,

1. Yes you can just select archive and install. I am 100% sure. As I am planning to do the same.

2. Though I miss the old entrée transition of Front Row(lol), there are many new features for eg. when you play music, if your song is more than 30 sec's, it will flip the now playing menu from right to left, vice versa, just the way it did for the entry. It has support for events. The overall transitions are amazing with Front Row2. Just wait a while, I am sure Apple finds a certain things buggy too, if we have noticed it than they will too.

Cheers,

Madhur

Hey Patpatpoon,

1. Yes you can just select archive and install. I am 100% sure. As I am planning to do the same.

2. Though I miss the old entrée transition of Front Row(lol), there are many new features for eg. when you play music, if your song is more than 30 sec's, it will flip the now playing menu from right to left, vice versa, just the way it did for the entry. It has support for events. The overall transitions are amazing with Front Row2. Just wait a while, I am sure Apple finds a certain things buggy too, if we have noticed it than they will too.

Cheers,

Madhur

so is it a bug that the song stops playing when entering front row? and i'd think they need to keep that entering transition

that is what making my fds' 'O-mouth' (we call O mouth in cantonese, means an OH sound until he cant speak anymore). i dunno about Apple TV much, as nobody buys Apple TV in HK, it is not useful here.