New Podcast App...only for the server?

luminousnerd

4 posts in this topic

Why is the new podcast app only for the server edition of Leo? That doesn't make any damn sense....

Podcasting is a consumer thing, not a server admin thing! I'm not saying a server admin can't podcast, but why can't the rest of us???

:D

Really? Podcasting as a consumer thing?

Podcast Capture (the application in Leopard) can tie into a server to do the exact same things and then push it out to the world.

Personally, I would much rather use iMovie to make my podcasts than the much more limiting Podcast Producer.

Podcast Producer seems more aimed at taking pre-created content, tagging it and throwing it strait up onto your server.

I know how it works, we are working with Apple to start using this.

You have the podcast producer application that goes on every client. This application is not anything like imovie, more like SnapzPro. It can use the camera, or microphone, and pictures/movies to capture a live podcast. Say in a classroom at school, this can be used on a macbook pointing towards a student doing some work. When this is finished, it is automatically uploaded to the server and Podcast producer can encode it in the correct format and embed it with a wiki or webpage.

Its great, apart from the mac only client side app. Ive not seen yet how easy it is to add PC created content to the Producer.