Time Machine error

beatoven

11 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I tried using my Lacie drive I was using for video editing as the Time Machine backup drive. I started a backup as soon as I added it to TM. When I found out it was gonna be really big, I decided to exclude Applications and other stuff. I cancelled the backup and deleted all the files Time Machine made on the disk. Now whenever I try backing up again I get this message:

"The backup disk image could not be mounted"

klz1192218940q.png

I can't get the drive to work with Time Machine anymore. And I can't format the drive coz I'll lose all the captured video I have. Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Shawin.

I can't get the drive to work with Time Machine anymore. And I can't format the drive coz I'll lose all the captured video I have. Can anyone help please?

Have you tried the following?

Turn Time Machine off.

Plug in the drive and change the name of the drive to something else other than Lacie.

Select the 'Change Disk' option to specify your newly named drive.

Turn Time Machine back on.

dgislm... Yes, I've tried that. Doesn't work.

np101137... It's a macbook. Not hackint0sh.

sbultez... Thanks. I thought about this but was a bit scared of losing data or damaging the whole partition data.

Is it safe to resize? And can I safely re-expand the partition later if I get another drive for time machine?

Cheers all.

Fixed the prob.

I opened the drive on a windows comp with macdrive running and changed to view system files.

Saw a hidden sparse image. When I deleted that, Time Machine ran better than ever.

Cheers all.

Uh, as you all know already, Leopard will be out next week. Here in Mauritius we poor people must pay the european price plus government tax, plus the apple reseller will take a few months to bring it in. Will probably be here next January or after.

Could anyone please send me a copy? Or maybe buy me a box set and send me. I'll pay you the 129 USD.

Thanks -_-

I wish I could promise you that but unfortunately I live with my parents in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment. And there's no way they'll let anyone stay here with us. We should be moving out as soon as we find somewhere affordable though. Or I'll move out next year when I start my 3D animation company and get lots of work.

Woow I should get banned talking about all this here. Anyway, mail me when you're coming to Mauritius.