System hang if transfer 2gb or larger files (SOLVED)

slackerboy

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Got my amd x2 with mobo a8v deluxe working, well kind of.

If I enable shares and ftp support, try to connect, works fine, but if I try to transfer files bigger than 2gb the system hangs?? This seems to working fine on my intel ss2 laptop but not on my AMD x2 4400, sse3, a8v deluxe mobo. Checked out the wiki page and using the same dist rekomended (JaS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2-SSE3).

Ok, I tried to transfer as rar achives, the try to unpack the big file on the machine, same thing, crash around 2gb size unpacking.

Is there issues with AMD (via chipset) Di I need some kind of driver patch? Formated system disk as Mac OS extended (journaled). (ata disk, not sata) Have not tied to upgrade kernal yet.

Any one had this kind of problems with AMD/via chipset installations?

- - -

Have tried to install with other dist to, same result.

Any input would be great!

Yes I know ;) My intel sse2 install works, no problem with transfers (unpacking) large files. Think this has to do with the AMD/via chipset. The weard is that its confierd to work @ the HCL wiki page... and I cant select any choises under install, should be included full support at basic install.

Yes, this is strange... :P If I tests to copy over windows share (open a share on the mac) the pc gets disk is full message after approx 2,5 gig of transfered data. I can use external usb hd on mac to transfer the files, but it seems to be problem to install, locks approx at same amount of data installed. I would love to know the settings for this mobo in bios for u tho has successful install (Asus A8V Deluxe)

Hi,

I really need some input on this. Have tried to reset my bios to default, no go. Even tried the latest 10.4.10 for amd, same problem. I even tried to install with sata disc, same thing. As I sad earlier, if I use a usb drive an transfer the files it works, but when trying to read them from system disc, the system freeze (always at same place) On transfer over windows shares, the windows pc says disk full, stops the transfer and mac freezes. Please, can some one help me with this, Its kind of frustrating, the system works well besides this odd thing.

Thanks for input.