patching a dvd install with kext

trandal

5 posts in this topic

this is probably the biggest noob question, and im sure there's a thread on this forum that is a "how to" on this, but i cant seem to find it. but i was wondering how do i integrate a kext that ive downloaded onto a dvd install? i.e: Jas dvd install

because i dont know how to get my sata hdd recognised in the install since the kext isnt there. specifically the nforce4sata kext by medevil

this is on a laptop that hasnt got mac os x already installed on it.

thanks a heap

Okey, so i guess this is the right place to ask. I do also want to patch my OSX86 install DVD with a kext (for my SATA hard drives to be recognized during installation). This is the release I want to be using, "Mac OS X 10.4.9 Installation DVD (Uphuck release v1.4a)", its for AMD CPU, doesn´t matter anyway, i think. The problem is that I´ve got no idea how to integrate this kext into the installer DVD. I´d appreciate a sollution ASAP:)

Btw: I'm running ATi Chipset, and I've never managed to install on my SATA hard drives before. First time when i tried the latest Kalyway release. The problem is that the Kalyway release leaves me with a SIVSEGV error when booting, therefor I'd appreciated a way to transfer the SATA drivers:)

• 3 weeks later...