Macmini ram?

Atown

6 posts in this topic

Ok so i bought my macmini, but ive found for multi-tasking that at a certain point the macmini runs uber slow. Ive been very spoiled with my pc rig with dual monitors that the mac currently cannot match up with my superfluous pc.

Therefor the easiest solution is a ram upgrade. However i know compatibility is an issue, i get especially worried when mac mini ram is so-dimms where as these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820233049 are certified to work in a mac but not specifically a 1.83GHz macmini....

also is it pretty easy or difficult to install on macmini... ?

Those will work perfectly, as will any DDR2 Sodimm (200 pin). With 2gb, you will have MUCH improved multitasking...

The mini is quite tricky to open up, you have to use a putty knife to prise off the case. It will take effort and patience, but it will be well worth it :)

Here is a guide I found, you can look at some more by searching in google...

kool so its just like installing ram into a normal laptop. and how positive are you guys that any ram will do? because if i can save $30 total, im so saving 30, but ive read while looking for laptop ram before, people will say different types wont work on mac books etc.