GeForce 6600 GT AGP 8X 128MB (PoV) compatibility

hush

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I tried to get Mac Os X running under an intel P4 Prescott (530j 3GHz) without success.

This is my second attempt after a long time.

I just installed the last JaS iso (PPF1, PPF2, SSE2 10.4.8 + update SSE3 10.4.9).

For now, I'm running 10.4.8 because I can't get my graphic card working properly.

I installed native Titan drivers and at login window it just hangs up.

Did someone succeeded with this kind of video card ?

Thank's for replying. I tried both Titan and Natit but not the whole versions of Natit.

I'll try again in a fresh install.

@Synaesthesia: I'm downloading v1.4i r3 of uphuck, thank's for the tip.

@sultanoswing: Could you please give me your card infos ? (vendor ID + model ID)

Thank's for replying. I tried both Titan and Natit but not the whole versions of Natit.

I'll try again in a fresh install.

@Synaesthesia: I'm downloading v1.4i r3 of uphuck, thank's for the tip.

@sultanoswing: Could you please give me your card infos ? (vendor ID + model ID)

I got it to work with natit and agpart (look in my sig) on JaS 10.4.8, could send you mine?

PM me.

Thank's everyone, I finally got it working with full QE/CI support !

(Thank's Mark1970 for your attention, maybe you could post your solution in this thread ?)

This is the method I used with the version v1.4i r3 of uphuck:

- I installed AGPGart 2.2 and Natit natively

- I tried to put my device ID in NVDANV30Hal.kext, NVDANV40Hal.kext and Natit.kext Info.plist files. (dev ID was: 0x00f110de for me)

__ From here, I was still getting a black screen at boot time __

- I just removed AGPGart drivers by typing the following commands:

# mkdir /drivers_backup
# mv /System/Library/Extensions/AGPGart.kext /drivers_backup
# rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

- I rebooted, and WOW !! Full QE/CI support !

I even get my sound card and my ethernet integrated card working !

I guess, I can increase graphics performance.. That's the next step ! (any links would be appreciated ...)

I strongly recommend using uphuck which is lighter and faster than JaS.

It also has a large choice of drivers...

I am actually running 10.4.10 now from the OS xX10.4.10Xx disk, login window 10.4.4, Photoshop c3 fix, titan & agpgart lite

I did the install next to my JaS 10.4.9 installation on another partition and I used the Migration Assistent to fill the New 10.4.10 install with my programs in settings from the 10.4.9 installation.

I removed the 10.4.9 parition and moved the 10.4.10 partition to the end of my drive.

Works like a charm, didn't even have to edit any info.plists.

Good to see your success, hush.

Is your card listed as 'PCI' or 'AGP' under 'About This Mac -> System Info' ? Most people can't seem to get QE/CI supported at the same time as AGP correctly listed, although I'm not sure there's any performance difference.

My card is a Pixelview 6600GT, but I can't remember the exact model & vendor IDs, sorry.