Clean Install... locks on boot? HELP

Tekel

7 posts in this topic

Install went great... after reboot and i attempt to boot from that partition it hangs. It generally hangs at "Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-001A9243FG72.locallb instead." and all hd activity stops

1 time I turned away and looked back only to see my entire screen covered with vertical white lines about 3 pixels wide.

DVD Kalyway 10.4.10 Intel SSE3

Any help would be greatly appreciated

System Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 ghz

Graphic Card: ATI Mobility x1700

Hard disk: Fuijtsu 120 GB SATA

Sound: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M

DVD-RW: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T10N

Wired Network Card: Realtek 8168 PCI-E

Wireless Network Card: Intel 3945abg card (

Touchpad: Synaptics PS2 touchpad

Integrated Camera:

Integrated Bluetooth: Toshiba Bluetooth module

Thanks

Tried reformatting for a 3rd time. Again locks up. this time at a different location. But this time right before lockup the screen flashed up a blue that to me looked like the blue of the login screen for OSX but then instantly went back to screen with just info text on what it is loading and such...

Anyone have any clues???

Thanks!

same thing happens. just went through a few different diagnostic steps.

Gets to "Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using default bMacintosh-001A9243FG72.locallb instead." and the screen jitters like its trying to do somehting then all HD activity stops.

got 1 command closer before harddrive activity stoped... "localhost /system/library/coreservices/loginwindow.app/contents/loginwindow: login window application started"

Then the screen flashes like its launching it and it disappears as fast as it appeared and everything locks up...??? screen dosent go black it just stays at diagnostic.