xeon dual processor Mac up and running

10 posts in this topic

Ok, i have my system running with everything Based on the motherboard.. works like a charme

2 Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz 800mhz fsb

Intel SE7525gp2 Motherboard

2gb of server ram

Intel Pro/1000 ethernet

Usb Works at full speed

Onboard Video works kinda Ati Rage Xl

Things run smooth with Uphuck 1.4i installer Mac osx 10.4.9(will updated to .10 in a bit.)

My 2 questions

I have a Quadro FX540 graphics card(pci-e) laying around, that i cant get to work for anything.. Any Solutions?

what is the easiest Video card to get working in Mac via pci-e

This motherboard doesnt have onboard audo, but i did have a Soundblaster Live! pci card , Any Kext for that card, If not, whats a good plug and play sound card?

thanx for any help

Ok, i have my system running with everything Based on the motherboard.. works like a charme

2 Intel Xeon 3.2Ghz 800mhz fsb

Intel SE7525gp2 Motherboard

2gb of server ram

Intel Pro/1000 ethernet

Usb Works at full speed

Onboard Video works kinda Ati Rage Xl

Things run smooth with Uphuck 1.4i installer Mac osx 10.4.9(will updated to .10 in a bit.)

My 2 questions

I have a Quadro FX540 graphics card(pci-e) laying around, that i cant get to work for anything.. Any Solutions?

what is the easiest Video card to get working in Mac via pci-e

This motherboard doesnt have onboard audo, but i did have a Soundblaster Live! pci card , Any Kext for that card, If not, whats a good plug and play sound card?

thanx for any help

Go with Sound Blaster Live External USB. No drivers needed to modify. Works great!

Yea I've got a 512Mb atm because I saw it on sale for $40 less than the 256Mb at the time, impulse buy :wacko:

Otherwise I have an older Prestonia based Xeon here that seems to work well enough, the 3rd party firewire and USB2 are even recognized without any effort on my part (JaS 10.4.8 but that gets me started eh). Considering looking for a 256Mb card now because this is AGP and there's no bios to flash my card with. I'm not sure I'd want to flash it anyway...

ok, i got a bfg geforce 7800 gt oc video card, 256vram.. i installed natit, then shut down, put the card in,(because i could not boot into mac with it, black screen with green light for signal on monitor) , powered back up, i can get to the darwin screen to put in a command or boot normal, all i get is a black screen, the green light onthe monitor is on. i am using a dvi to vga convertor.... any suggestions??

i had problems with natit i have a 7900gtx 512 that i flashed with a moded bios to get osx running on it and it works, i used titian it worked great. but i m looking for nvidia efi now cause i hear it has better acceleration support, i would suggest either of the two but nvidiaefi is not available anywhere unless you know of a person who has it.

• 11 months later...