installation reboot

starblob

15 posts in this topic

hi, im using an intel q6600 with a msi p35 neo2 motherboard

when trying to use the kalyway leopard dvd, my pc gets through about four lines of code, the loading hfs+ thing, before simply rebooting.

every time.

in vmware it gets further than that, so its not the dvd. any idea why this is happening?

thanks

hi, im using an intel q6600 with a msi p35 neo2 motherboard

when trying to use the kalyway leopard dvd, my pc gets through about four lines of code, the loading hfs+ thing, before simply rebooting.

every time.

in vmware it gets further than that, so its not the dvd. any idea why this is happening?

thanks

Same motherboard, same problem. Guessing it's an incompatibility with the chipset... anyone know any options to change to help this?

If at the DVD boot menu you press [F8], and type the following:

cpus=1 [Enter]

what happens then?

it gets slightly further

the screen turns off for a second as the resolution changes, but then it stops at

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Little progress:

1) The same problem appears on JAS version.

2) Only on the JAS version the "IO buffer headers" problems is solved with cpus=1 -v -x (safemode)

But then instead it stoppes at Waiting for root device. And the 6 lines above are something about IOUSB. I can not disable the USB because my mouse and keyboard are USB.

Safemode doesn't help in Uphucks version.

/E

I think something is with the APCI.

I have an ASUS F3Sc laptop and I can pass over this line only with JaS 10.4.8 installer with -x, but after installation -x does not help.

Interesting though, but if I delete the Extensions folder and there is only the mkext, the installed system starts with -x. If there is an Extensions folder, it stops at that "Using ..." line.