Hackintosh System Specs

9 posts in this topic

Being a mac advocate for years and a PC lover. I decided to build a pc simply cause its cheaper, but i love OS X.

I cant keep doing work on my G4 500 laptop i need something with a lil more umph. so this is the PC i decided to build. if anyone has any recommidations i would appreciate it, i would like this system to run OS X. i know there have been audio issues with some of the installs

and networking issues. Is there any work around for it? any specific release that has the least problems? also will this video card work with OS X.

Please visit link and review my system:

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishli...WishListTitle=1

Thanks

Couple of issues:

1)I don't know how well supported are the Intel P35 mobos. There should be several threads in this forum about the subject.

2)Exactly the same is true for the GeForce 8800 (personally I'd buy a 7xx now, save a lot of money and wait till the 8xx are cheaper and better supported by this project)

I think both are confirmed working. But with a p35 mobo you have to switch to "achi" mode in bios. It can be tricky. And with a geforce 8800, it's a manual fix to get it working, but as far as i can tell, it is!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...052&st=840#

You can get it working however, they're not as compatible as the 975xbx and a 7-series card by a long shot.

i planned on doing a duel boot, having winxp 64 bit or vista 64 bit and then have the OS X for play

and experimentation. would this increase the difficulties, is it even possible? and if i switch the mode to achi in the bios

how would that impact windows?

i plan on installing 4 gigs of ram and winxp and vista 32bit doesnt support it. so i kinda have no choice plus i planned on maxing out the board to the full 8. if there is a fix around that too let me know. i dread the thought of using vista but its the only one that has stability.

i dread the thought of using vista but its the only one that has stability.

Who put that funny idea in your mind? The opposite is true.

To be quite honest the most stable Windows is XP x64, even with the compatibility issues i already mentioned. But even those are not as bad as with Vista.