Printer issues in osx. Please dont make me go back to xp!

Henvan20

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

Im a recent switcher. New to the forum. Power user on XP and semi mac-n00b at the moment!Oops.png

I love my new mac and wanted to buy a macbook pro for myself and also a mac mini for my mom, but I have a few major issues I have to sort out first.

One being:

I have a Hp laserjet p2015dn shared on my network and I print to it using IP printing.

When I go file>print and print it works flawlessly. However, when I click the print shortcut in word for instance (or print through quicksilver), the printer thinks I want to use manual feed. Any ideas why this is?

To sum up: The printer wants to manually feed from tray one when i click the "print shortcut" in any app. If i go file>print it works perfectly.

I have already:

* Installed the latest printer drivers

* Reinstalled the printer

* Restarted the printer

* Tried bonjour printing

Im running:

* Mac mini G4 1.42

* OSX 10.4.10

* Connecting wirelessly to aiport extreme basestation (connected to jetdirect port on printer)

My xp machines doesnt have any problems. Any help will be appreciated. I have to get this working, its really really annoying!

Is there a place where I must change default settings or something?

Thanks for a great forum!

By print shortcut I mean the print icon in word for instance. It prints immediately without the print dialog. Or if I go laserjet P2015>open file>current selection in quicksilver to print a batch of files. When Ive done this i have to physically go to the printer and press the go button to start the printing. (the printer status is "waiting for manual feed.")

However, if i go command-p or file>print, it brings up the print dialog. I dont change any settings, press print and the printer prints perfectly. (auto feed)

Sorry for being unclear in my description. Any ideas?