mac os x working but not working

Deleted user

12 posts in this topic

Hey I installed several of the Mac OS X distros (like JaS 10.4.8 updated to 10.4.9, kalyway 10.4.10 & 10.5 (build 9a527), xxx 10.4.10)

I can get the all sistems running (except the kaly leopart 9a527) but after mac runs i can't install CS3, iWork 08, iLife 08, vmware Fusion, M$ Office 2004.

I relly don't understand why it works for the majority but not for me... It's been a week of installing formating and reinstalling other distros but no succes... can someone plz help?

i got back to M$ Vista now cuz i can't to anything in MAC OS X...

My System:

Intel P4 2.8Ghz

Asus P5GD1-VM

ATI X550 (when using mac have integrated Intel GMA 900)

HDD 80 GB

I'll apreciate some help whit this strange problem...

The lowest version I'd go is 10.4.7 or possibly 10.4.6 if I was really desperate. 10.4.2 and 10.4.3 are unusable, its well known.

Plus, why would it matter if the CPU supports SSE2 or SSE3? If you have Mac OS X successfully working, the applications you run won't depend on your SSE#.

i can install the apps but can't use them...

Software I tryed:

Microsoft Office 2004 -install was ok, but when I enter in Word, PowerPoint and Excel when i try to write something i cannot see anything... after i save the file and reopen the document i saved in Text Editor i can see wahat i wrote in Word)

the same happens to iWork 08

in iLife 08 when i use iPhoto i cand see import photos... but when i click edit i can't actualy see the photo it's an gray area but if I apply the effects and reopen it in Viewer i can see the ajustemts that I have done

in iWeb 08 the New Page/Site buttons (and others) are disabled... there too i cannot see or edit anything...

vmware fusion it is not instalable... when it runs the final screen i get the gary screen of death (similar to windows it saids to restart)

CS3 when i try to run it it crashed i cant even get it running even with disabled menues etc...

i u can get me some help i'll appreciate it... thx

Looks like it is working but the Xbench test won't confirm that QE/CI is working. Open System Profiler, click on the Graphics/Displays option from the left and see what it says next to Core Image, Quartz Extreme, and Rotation.