sudo -s

cp -R ~/Desktop/AppleNForceATA.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

diskutil repairPermissions /

reboot

Hope this helps

pcwiz

as stated in the description for _tubgirl_'s release of osx;

"SATA does not work for nForce 410/430, use PATA instead"

and i ignored that also and tried booting natively and installing but i don't get any hard drives to install to so i go to the Disk Utility and format and it freezes as it tries to partiton or format a hard disk as long as it's SATA.

External SATA won't work. Its still SATA. Get an external USB or FireWire drive. I used a USB 2.0 drive which is faster than FireWire 400. Yes, you can boot from USB. You just have to take an extra step. When you're partitioning the USB drive in Disk Utility, click the Options button and select the Master Boot Record option.

This installs the Darwin bootloader on the drive so the USB drive is bootable.

**IMPORTANT NOTE**: To boot from a USB drive, your computers BIOS has to support booting from USB devices.

I believe that mine can because I tried to put OS X on my iPod but I think that the Apple software installed on the iPod's hard drive would over-ride that because whenever I selected it to boot, it wouldn't work, and I was still getting Apple error messages on my iPod so I believe it was just written over. So, external IDE or a usb flash drive?

Once it's installed, can't I just install that kext from earlier and move it on to my SATA drive?

Install it on an external USB drive. Then, once you have OS X working on the external drive, install that kext on the external drive. Then, make a clone of the external drive and clone it onto a SATA drive!

Thats my idea....

I'm not sure it'll work but its worth a try....

That's definitely what I'm wanting to do.

It also just occured to me that the only reason my SATA drive won't work is because the nForce4 chipset is not supported by any AMD Mac OS images (that much I knew...) but, couldn't I still install to a SATA external because my usb is supported, and SATA is also supported, just not internally on my motherboard...?