How to enable/disable drivers?

JonyBravo

7 posts in this topic

I don't know for certain, but from my experience, yes the system looks through the files in the extensions folder you mentioned for the proper extension (aka, driver, in the Windows world) for a hardware id that matches your hardware.

For instance - and my basis for the above - my graphics card has a Vendor ID and Device ID. A ktext that contains these IDs indicate that the extension/driver is a compatible with your hardware. If no ktext has your hardware ids, then no drivers exist. Removing an extension would remove the driver available for the system to use (btw, anything you add, modify or delete an extension you should also remove Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache, perform a "Repair Permissions" in Disk Utility and reboot.)

I hope this helps you and maybe help bring this topic to the attention of someone more knowledge :lol:

heyyy..

so, in this was can i remove the titan i installed and relace it with natit?

coz, titan is not workin for me..

its not lettin me enable quartz..

but, natit had permitted me for quartz..

but, this time i chose titan, just to check wht it was..

now am stuck..

its not workin for my gf card :D

Enabling and disabling drivers is EASY. If you want to enable a driver, stick it in the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. If you want to disable it, then take it out of the folder. Remember to always repair permissions after installing or removing a driver. BTW, for installing drivers its better to use the Terminal.