Filesize Question

Feonix

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, sorry if I appear to bethe biggest noob. I am planning to install OSx86, the Uphuck 10.4.9_v1.4a version which is about 1.06GB. However I noticed that the 10.4.9_v1.3.cdr version is 4GB, is the v1.4amd only an upgrade? Thanks for the help...

After v1.3, Uphuck decided that he wanted to pare down the size of the install disks so they would fit on a mini dvd. Therefore he cut out all excesses from the disk (and some would say a few extras they'd rather still have like mail, chess, iSync, and Dictionary). He cut out most of the languages and printer installers. I don' t use AMD processors so I can't tell you if it supports Rosetta or not. V1.4i and rev.2 were missing Rosetta, but Uphuck re-inserted it in rev.3. He still did a really nice job on the installers and there are some extras you don't get on other installers. Hope this helps.

Hey thanks a lot man. Im thinking about using JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 however I wanted to know, is there an update for this? And do I update this after I install 10.4.8? I'm not exactly sure how that part works, however I think I might have everything else down, I plan on using BOOT.INI to do the booting rather than going for a GRUB or Arconis approach. Do you have any suggestions? I really appreciate all your help...