Possible FIX for FCP6, iDVD, iMovie Crash

Leob4u

5 posts in this topic

This is what you have to do those who have problem with final cut pro.

Backup your files in your existing Mac - because you have to install your OSX uphuck or Jas version again. (complete reformat and reinstall)

AFTER YOU REINSTALL THEN YOU SHOULD NOT LOOK BACK.

1. After you finish installing OSX (Uphuck or Jas) then do not install anything. If your internet is working then follow along

2. Delete InterworkInferfaces.plist

[Open Finder > Preferences > System Configuration>NetworkInterfaces.plist]

3. RESTART NOW

4. Goto "System Configuration" from the dock. Open Network then under second option "Show" --- Select "Network Port Configuration"

Uncheck everything except your Ethernet port.

5. Restart your hachintosh again

6. You Internet will not work at this point. So, Open "System Configuration" then goto "Network" then click "Assist me" and try to connect to internet with this wizard. If you can connect to Internet with this wizard then its a good thing otherwise post your problem.

7. If your internet is working, then open "System Profiler" then from the left pane select "Locations" and browse till you see "Ethernet" then see if it is "en0"

8. If you see "en0" then install Final Cut pro 6 and your Final Cut pro 6 will not crash. Infact nothing will crash at this point.

Post your problem in this page.

The only way i could make FCP6 to work is this way. I can't be sure if this will work for everyone but since it worked for me, i believe it should work for atleast some of the frustating users.

This process will also fix iDVD crash and iMovie crash. (have done few imports from canon XH A1 to iMovie and made a DVD with iDVD, Nothing crashed so far. Not even a single crash)

All the best

At this moment, i installed uphuck Universal version 1.3 (10.4.9), and after this success, i am going back to uphuck amd version 1.4a. I know that will work too.

My Config

2 x AMD Opteron (270) 2 Ghz Processor

4 GB DDR RAM

nVidia 7600 256MB PCIe with dual monitor setup

Tyan s2877 Motherboard

ATA 500

ATA 320

SATA II 320

SATA II 320

THANKS

LEO

• 4 weeks later...