p35 recommendations?

1 post in this topic

So I built my friend a hackintosh and it just so happened he had a really easy to work with motherboard (Intel Bad Axe 2 975x) and I got everything to install perfectly (except 5.1 sound, but I'm happy with stereo). I even tested my own graphics card and got it to work with everything (x1800xt, dual dvi, QE/CI).

So, I'm looking at making myself a hackintosh to compliment my MacBook Pro. I have most of the hardware, but it doesn't seem as if my mobo will be very compatible (its an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus nforce 650i). Rather than trying to fret over trying to get it to work, I'd rather just upgrade, and, instead of "upgrading" to last year's tech (975x), I'd like to get this year's tech (P35).

But, I haven't seen a P35 that is as compatible as the Bad Axe 2. Are there recommendations?

I saw some threads for the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P, but I can't seem to find the threads anymore. How well is this board working? The only P35 on the HCL is the P35-DS3R, but not too much info. What about any of the Asus boards? What about another known compatible board with a different chipset? My price limit is about $250, but I'd like to spend less.

Here's my must-have list:

gigabit ethernet

IDE (for HDDs, not DVD, or even the bootable HD, I have sata and pata HDDs)

Sound (would be nice, but not really a must have)

Mobo to be paired up with:

Core 2 duo e6300

Radeon X1800XT 512

2x1GB g.skill DDR2-800

SATA dvd, SATA and PATA HDDs

:) Thanks in advance :)